Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Other bedding when using breathable bumpers?

Hi everybody!  I am exploring crib bedding options, but am struggling a little.  I want to go with breathable bumpers since they are safer... but I am having a hard time finding other cute bedding 'separates' that don't come in a packaged set.  I still want a crib skirt, and I also want a comforter.  The comforter will NOT go in the crib, but I would like to use it as a wall hanging or throw for the rocking chair.  I suppose I could buy a set and just not use the pillowy bumper, but I hate the idea of spending money on something I know I won't use.  I'm wondering what other folks have done?

Re: Other bedding when using breathable bumpers?

• Options

I was going to suggest etsy, too, for separates. 

We bought a Carter's bedding set that included the bumpers.  I used 2 pieces to make a valance.  I'm thinking about taking apart the rest to make a few wall hangings or frame some of the fabric.

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • Options
    I think you can buy separates at Pottery Barn too. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I created a custom bedding set at www.babybedding.com.  You can pick and choose what pieces you want and what style they are, etc.

Etsy is another great place where you can order custom pieces.

Good luck!

~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">imageimage
  • Options
    I have a breathable bumper and then got a crib skirt, cute sheets and matching valance at Pottery Barn Kids.  We are about to pull the bumper out completely since DD is starting to try to climb on it so a bumper is not usable for very long!
  • Options

We just bought white sheets and then I made a no sew crib skirt following this:

https://www.younghouselove.com/2010/03/nursery-progress-skirting-the-issue/

Target also has some cute seperates, especially on their website.

• Options
    I second babybedding.com - they sell sets as well as the pieces separately so we just purchased the crib sheets, crib skirt and then they also sell their fabric by the yard so we made our own curtains and not paying their outrageous curtain pricing. We're also using a plain white breathable bumper so this worked out perfectly.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The set we really liked only came as a set. We went ahead and bought it (on sale for $120). The bumper is in the crib while LO sleeps in the bassinet. We did register for a breathable bumper and got one. We were fine with that and I'm enjoying the look of the pillow bumper now :)
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options

I found a bedding set I really liked and it was still cheaper to buy it with the bumper than to try to find individual pieces that I liked as much as I liked the set. I then registered for the breathable bumper and a couple of coordinating sheets. I am thinking of making window valances out of the bumper that came with the set. these are the links I've found: 

https://spiritualknitter.blogspot.com/2010/06/crib-bumper-to-valence-tutorial.html

https://www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/nursery-tours/nursery-tour-evans-brown-and-blue-with-pops-of-orange-room-047573 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"