January 2011 Moms
Options

March 2011 visitor - ? @ scheduled c-sections

I am scheduled to get a c-section this Friday and have been wondering how long it takes from when you arrive (6:30 a.m. for me) until the baby is born.  People have been asking me if my baby would be born by 9, 10, 12, etc. and I just don't know!  Anything you could tell me would be great.  Thanks!
imageimage

"Beanie" Natural 7w MC 11/21/12

"Nole" stopped growing at 7w3d D&E 2/11/13

Diagnosed with MTHFR and Factor V Leiden on 4/3/13

Due with RAINBOW GIRL 2/10/15

Re: March 2011 visitor - ? @ scheduled c-sections

• Options
    I can't help out much but I would say my c-section lasted about 45 minutes from the time I was wheeled into the OR and back to my room to recover. I was an induction that ended in c-section so I can't help you as far as the time from your arrival to the time you are in the OR. You have to remember you have to sign papers, get the epidural or spinal, etc. but it should go rather quickly. I would say you should have your baby by 9. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Well, don't expect to deliver at the time the dr. says you will. If there are people there for emergencies, they will likely go ahead of you. Or if there are people currently delivering, they will come ahead of you too.

We were there 6am, I was scheduled for 9am, dr. told me to have my family come at 9 or 10, I forget...

But what really happened is I went in after 10:30am, LO was born at almost 11am...

(you can ask your dr. what time the c-section is scheduled for and get her opinion on what time family could come.) 

In addition, there were only 2 people allowed in the recovery room at a time (including your H) so even after LO is here they couldn't really hang out. I got lucky - they were extremely lenient and we had about 15 people in the recovery room!

2 people were allowed in before too to keep me company during the long long long wait! GL!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We checked into the hospital @ 8 am and the c-section was scheduled for 10 am. I walked to the operating room around 9:50 am and DD was born at 10:32 am. The policy of visitors pre-operation and in recovery is up to the hospital. I was allowed 1 person with me prior to surgery--my DH and parents rotated in/out to keep me company. Only my DH and DD were allowed in the recovery room. They came in about 10 minutes after I was in there and stayed for about 10 minutes before being taken to my room (this was my first chance to hold DD). Family was allowed to visit once I was in my room and had met with the nurse (about 2 hours after DD was born).  

Good luck!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My c-section was scheduled at 9am, and I had to report to the hospital for 730am. The baby ended up being out at 952am since my doctor was running late that morning. The baby is out very quickly once the surgery begins,
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I was told to be at the hospital at 5:30 am for my 8 am c/s. I was pushed back twice and the baby was born at 12:14 pm.

However, the woman after me (who got there at 7 am for a 10 am c/s), had her baby at 8 PM. So, she was there for over 12 hrs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    imagejuliane2004:

I was told to be at the hospital at 5:30 am for my 8 am c/s. I was pushed back twice and the baby was born at 12:14 pm.

However, the woman after me (who got there at 7 am for a 10 am c/s), had her baby at 8 PM. So, she was there for over 12 hrs.

That would make me so upset and antsy!!!  I hope our hospital doesn't make me wait very long!

imageimage

"Beanie" Natural 7w MC 11/21/12

"Nole" stopped growing at 7w3d D&E 2/11/13

Diagnosed with MTHFR and Factor V Leiden on 4/3/13

Due with RAINBOW GIRL 2/10/15

• Options

I was told to arrive at 7am for a 9am c-section.  I got delayed because of the nurse and we didnt get started until 9:20, DS was born at 9:40 and I was wheeled to the recover room 20 min later.  It was maybe 45 min at the most.  The prep beforehand is what takes so long, paperwork, blood draw, etc.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"