Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

For those of you who do acupuncture...

How often do you go? Once a week?  Twice?  
11 months old! #andintoeverything

Re: For those of you who do acupuncture...

• Options
    Im doing every other week because my insurance only pays for 4 in a calendar year.
  • Options

imagemissycrissy3:
    Im doing every other week because my insurance only pays for 4 in a calendar year.

Ug, insurance! I still need to look into what mine covers in the "non-traditional" medical sphere... my OBGYN recommended acupuncture at my appointment today and I'm anxious to try something new.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagecheese.fiend:

imagemissycrissy3:

Ug, insurance! I still need to look into what mine covers in the "non-traditional" medical sphere... my OBGYN recommended acupuncture at my appointment today and I'm anxious to try something new.  

I'm about ready to give it a try too... I figure I'll ask my OB when I see her in about 3.5 weeks... can you ask your OB for recommendations?  (if insurance isn't too pesky)

TTC #1 Since 4/2010, Cycle 30
    Positive for HLA-B27, I'm a mutant :p
    Testing - Me ok, gluten issue? DH - borderline count, low motility
    4/28/11 IUI#1 = BFP!(5/25), EDD 2/2/12 - m/c 5w3d
    7/3, 7/31, 9/25 - IUI#2-4=BFN
    IVF#1 - 1 blast = BFP!! (12/30), EDD 9/9/12, confirmed c/p 4w2d
    FET#1 3/2/12 - 2 blasts =BFP!! EDD 11/18/12, us#1 = twins! Confirmed m/c 5w6d
    4/20-surprise BFP and another c/p 4w2d
    FET#2 7/16/12 - 2 blasts = BFN
    FET#3 8/20/12 - 1 blast - BFP!! Beta #1-2=177, 354
    1st u/s 5w6d, one beautiful little HB :), 2nd u/s 146bpm
    baby girl born 5/10/13

TTC#2 since 12/17/2014, Cycle 8
    Repeat Testing...FSH=12, AMH=3.8, AFC=28. 
    IUI#5 5/10/15- c/p?
    IVF#2 8/19/15 - cancelled due to cysts
    IVF#2 take two 10/2015 - 5 blasts frozen
    FET#4 12/11/2015 - BFN - 4 blasts remaining
    FET#5 2/18/16 - BFP!!!  Beta1-3, 126, 250, 745!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tons of love and ((hugs)) to my IF sister NMscubagirl

• Options
    Insurance does suck. Last year my insurance covered fertility stuff but because of the economy they changed things and took it all away. Ive done two appointments and it really does make you feel better and more relaxed.
  • Options
    My insurance covers none of it but I go 3 times a month.  The plan is always to go weekly, but my schedule gets too full so I only ever manage to schedule 3 in any given month.
  • Options
    imageGregermis:
    imagecheese.fiend:

imagemissycrissy3:

I'm about ready to give it a try too... I figure I'll ask my OB when I see her in about 3.5 weeks... can you ask your OB for recommendations?  (if insurance isn't too pesky)

I just called my insurance myself and found out how much they cover and a place near my house that I could go. They gave me two places. You dont have to wait for a recommendation.

• Options
    imageGregermis:
    imagecheese.fiend:

imagemissycrissy3:

Yep - I got a rec from mine {but I still think my PPO has limits to what they will cover}... my OB seems to be a huge fan!   

• Options
    imagemissycrissy3:
    imageGregermis:
    imagecheese.fiend:

imagemissycrissy3:

I just called my insurance myself and found out how much they cover and a place near my house that I could go. They gave me two places. You dont have to wait for a recommendation.

Yeah, I know... but there is this "I REALLY don't like needles" problem that I have... it's taking long enough to get a BFP that "I REALLY want a baby" has almost cured me of this...

TTC #1 Since 4/2010, Cycle 30
    Positive for HLA-B27, I'm a mutant :p
    Testing - Me ok, gluten issue? DH - borderline count, low motility
    4/28/11 IUI#1 = BFP!(5/25), EDD 2/2/12 - m/c 5w3d
    7/3, 7/31, 9/25 - IUI#2-4=BFN
    IVF#1 - 1 blast = BFP!! (12/30), EDD 9/9/12, confirmed c/p 4w2d
    FET#1 3/2/12 - 2 blasts =BFP!! EDD 11/18/12, us#1 = twins! Confirmed m/c 5w6d
    4/20-surprise BFP and another c/p 4w2d
    FET#2 7/16/12 - 2 blasts = BFN
    FET#3 8/20/12 - 1 blast - BFP!! Beta #1-2=177, 354
    1st u/s 5w6d, one beautiful little HB :), 2nd u/s 146bpm
    baby girl born 5/10/13

TTC#2 since 12/17/2014, Cycle 8
    Repeat Testing...FSH=12, AMH=3.8, AFC=28. 
    IUI#5 5/10/15- c/p?
    IVF#2 8/19/15 - cancelled due to cysts
    IVF#2 take two 10/2015 - 5 blasts frozen
    FET#4 12/11/2015 - BFN - 4 blasts remaining
    FET#5 2/18/16 - BFP!!!  Beta1-3, 126, 250, 745!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tons of love and ((hugs)) to my IF sister NMscubagirl

• Options
    I've been going once a week for 2 months and I looove it! I go to a community acupuncture clinic, so it is pretty affordable ($15-$35 sliding scale), you can find one in your area at https://www.communityacupuncturenetwork.org/ many people say you should do acupuncture for at least 3 months before expecting any major results although I noticed a positive change in my BBT with the first month.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I totally understand the needle thing. It really isnt like they are sticking the needles deep into the skin. Its right at the subcutaneous tissue and only every once in a while it feels like a sting. But most of them I dont even feel them. Side note Im not a fan of needles either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"