1st Trimester
Options

Baby or no baby :( *First prenatal visit*

So today was my first prenatal appointment. I actually had two...I went in for the first one did all the blood work...gave my family history and all that.They even did a pap because I hadn't done it for a long time. Everything was good BUT then My second appointment (same place 4 hours later because that's when the ultrasound tech came in) I had the internal and external ultrasound. The tech found my sac but said she saw no signs of a baby growing inside. Sad

So she said my body is going through the steps of pregnancy (symptoms, hcg levels, sac) but no baby in the sac?!?! I think that's how she put it. After hearing "There may not be a baby" you kinda freeze.

She also said because my periods are really irregular (24-47 days apart) that the 6 weeks they thought I was at is incorrect. That is because my periods are weird I won't have a normal time that most girls would ovulate. So with that in mind I could be too early to even see the baby yet. When I took the home tests they all came back right away positive (3 tests I didn't believe it) and then the doctors office the pee test came back negative...and then my blood work came up positive. So i'm wondering if I was just to early...or I'm just trying to talk myself into being positive...

I don't even know if the way I typed this makes sense I'm just so frustrated/confused/worried...you name it I am...Oh and hungry!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Baby or no baby :( *First prenatal visit*

• Options

Maybe you just ovulated later than you thought.   Are they seeing you for another u/s in a week?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yea, I have to go back in 7-10 days. (I'm going to wait the longest I can!)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

What are/were your HCG levels?  

If they at a certain level, then you should definitely be able to see a hb and an embryo on an u/s.  What are they going to do next?

July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• Options

I'm not sure of my levels. Tongue Tied I will try to find out out tomorrow when I talk to them. I didn't know that, that makes sense though!

I am to sit and wait for another week before they will do another ultrasound. I think it may be the longest week ever. Sad

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The exact same thing happened to me today.  I was having my u/s and they found the gestational sac and  yolk sac by no baby or HB.  DH and I were heartbroken.  We are going back for another u/s next Monday.  The Dr. said either the dates are off/ I ovulated later than we may expect) or there is no baby.  Good luck with everything, I hope we can both get good news at our next u/s!
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary image
  • Options
    SadIt's scary isn't it?!?! Good Luck with your u/s, keep us updated!! We both need good news right now! My T&P are with you and your DH....Hopefully we both receive our good news!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    (((Hugs)))  I'm sorry you're going through this.
    BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Options

Sorry to hear that things are so uncertain right now. I hope you get some answers soon.

As for the doctor's pee test coming back negative that could just be because it wasn't FMU so don't worry about that aspect of it. GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    very similar story to mine.  all except the different test results.  but basically, it looks like i missed a period then ovulated late.  so instead of being the 7-8 weeks they thought i was, i'm closer to 4-5 weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

The same thing happened to me, but they didn't even say there might not be a baby. They just said it was likely too early. It's been 3 weeks, now, and I'm going to a follow-up appt today. I'm trying to remain positive b/c I still have pregnancy symptoms and no spotting or anything like that.

Try not to worry til you know you have to. With irregular cycles, it's highly likely that you aren't as far along as someone with 'normal' cycles would be (this is the case w/me too).

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"