Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

eating issues- not feeling as guilty

DS will not eat veggies unless they are pureed (except for corn on the cob and if they are in hummus).  I always think we did something wrong, but today we started finger food veggies and fruits with DD and she loved them.  RELIEF.  It isn't something we did wrong, he just doesn't like the texture or something.  And having her eating things will encourage me to make more things to have him try. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: eating issues- not feeling as guilty

• Options
    It's the texture. DS has same issue (he will be 2 1/2 in 11 days). DS ate every fruit and veggie when it was a puree, now he hardly eats anything and won't eat meat.
  • Options

imagejunebutterfly05:
    It's the texture. DS has same issue (he will be 2 1/2 in 11 days). DS ate every fruit and veggie when it was a puree, now he hardly eats anything and won't eat meat.

Thanks for posting this.  I feel like not many people understand!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i also read in the book My Child Won't Eat about how veggies do not have many calories, so they do not fill up the toddler's tummy, and now the kids are old enough to realize that.  instead they want all those carbs (pasta, goldfish crackers, PB sandwiches, etc), because they just want to be satisfied quickly by eating.  they dont understand the need for nutrition, of course... my DD used to love broccoli and now wont touch it unless i hide it on her fork with a meatball.  we've taken to pureeing things into pasta sauce, etc.  sighhhh!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"