Cloth Diapering
Options

When did you start solid foods?

p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

Pediatrician gave the go-ahead at DS's 4 month appointment to start solids if we like.  DS is BF and of course we CD.  I think that DS is almost ready, in that he grabs for my cup and plate (although I think it's more of a "I want to put things in my mouth" phase).

I am curious to see how DS would do, but always planned on waiting until 6 months.

However starting solids means no more simply throwing diapers straight into the washing machine, which is one reason why I'm holding off now.  Plus, that I wanted to wait until almost 6 months (he'll be 5 months old this Saturday on the 5th).

When did you start solids with your LO (if you didn't have to start for medical reasons)?

My Ovulation Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #1 since June 2009: irregular cycles
BFP 1/20/10, EDD 9/28/10, born 10/5/10

TTC #2 since Nov 2011:
BFP 2/8/12, MC @ 5 weeks; BFP 3/22/12, MC @ 5 1/2 weeks; BFP 9/10/12, MC @ 6 weeks

Started seeing RE Nov 2012. Chromosomal test and all other tests came back "normal". Unexplained MCs. Found mild hytpothyroidism. Two unmedicated cycles, both BFNs. First medicated cycle (clomid, ovidrel) 1/23/13. Low progesterone found during 9DPO P4 test = 7.6. Put on prometrium supplements.

BFP 2/16/13; 2/18/13 (13 dpo): Beta #1=52.8, progesterone=18.7; estrogen = 412; Dr. increased progesterone dosage.
2/21/13 (16 dpo): Beta #2 = 269; progesterone = 32.4
2/25/13 (20 dpo): Beta #3 = 1,236
2/28/13 (23 dpo): Beta #4 = ?? tbd

Re: When did you start solid foods?

• Options
    we are baby led weaning (self feeding, no purees) and started offering solids last week. she is experimenting and practicing her pincher grasp but not really eating. more like playing.
    Photobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We waited until 6 months in accordance with the AAP recommendations.  She wasn't interested in solid foods, and still isn't really interested, though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DS was EBF and I planned to wait until he was at least 6 months old.  However, at about 5 months he began nursing every 1.5 hours around the clock.  He has always been a big boy and I guess he needed the extra calories.  I managed to do that for 2 weeks but at that point I was exhausted!!!  We started with avocado because it is a good first food and has lots of good fats and calories.  He did great with it and we never looked back.

We didn't start CDing until 6 months so I never had the "luxury" of EBF diapers!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    6 months for Natalie and Dominic and 5 months for Olivia...... 
  • Options
    Haven't introduced solids yet, but we're planning to wait until 6 months.  I was allergic to dairy and gluten as an infant, and I'd like to minimize DS's chances of food allergies.
  • Options
    DD was pushing 4 months when we started cereal.  She was formula fed and we were not cloth diapering at the time though. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    8 months. She was thriving on breastmilk so we held off. Our pediatrician had no problem with it.
  • Options
    I tried around 4 months. DS didn't like it so we kept trying until he was really on board a few months later. DS wasn't terribly interested in us eating at 4 months but it sounds like your DS is.
    Anniversary
    *photo removed*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"