1st Trimester
Options

Feel kinda dumb....(kinda long, sorry)

First, let me say I am new to this board and have read a lot of posts and know we are all in the same boat!

I have a 3 1/2 yr old daughter already and I am 8wks 3d pregnant. I had 1st prenatal exam including transvag ultrasound and the dr said everything looks great! With my daughter I went into preterm labor at 28wks, so they think I will be at risk to do so again. I am just really worried about this whole pregnancy and how much to lift....I am very active and lifting 50lbs daily isn't uncommon. I was also told by the Dr that this is on the higher end of what they allow and to not "strain" myself. Now I have to try to cut back my hours at work so I'm not so run down and try not to lift anything heavy.....problem is I don't know if it is heavy until I have lifted it. I just don't want to mess up and lift something too big and hurt myself or the baby. Also, I don't want to let my supervisor down (he knows about the preg.) by not being able to work because he kinda relies on me so that he can get other things done. I don't want to tell a lot of people about the pregnancy before the 1st tri is over, in case something should happen. Also don't want to lose my job over it!! Maybe someone can help ease my mind?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Feel kinda dumb....(kinda long, sorry)

• Options

If you lift carefully and slowly I think you can manage to judge what may or may not hurt your back.  It sounds scary having had problems before, but do you have any sense that lifting had something to do with it?

All the peace and calm in the world to you.  That must be frightening. 

• Options
    Thanks so much for the replies! It makes me feel better that people are thinking the same way I am because I would really feel horrible if something happend because I pushed myself too hard. I talked to my superviser tonight and he said to not even worry about it because there were more important things at stake than being at my job or doing cetrain things for my job....My full job would be waiting when I was ready to do it! When I went into preterm last time the drs couldn't figure out why it happened....did some tests and thought I could be a little dehydrated or it could've been a slight UTI....otherwise they really didn't know! That worries me some. Its good to know I have people to talk to here and my mind is a little more at ease! Thanks so much!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"