Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Progesterone question and vent

progesterone Is this something the dr has to test for when you are pregnant or can they test for it if your not prego. Im sure this is a dumb question. Im still so upset about this miscarriage I didnt even know about the baby asprin or progesteone I feel like there was something I could of done to prevent this i know its in gods hands :( tear. I just found out my friend was just as far along as I was and Im happy for her but everytime i see her im like that was suppose to be me. ughhhh

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Progesterone question and vent

• I have the same question... I have had 2 miscarriages in the last year and its just so hard to understand why or what if anything I could have done to prevent it... I'm sorry for your loss and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers...
  • They can check progesterone at any time, but it will be a different level depending on where in your cycle you are.  Chances are, there is nothing you could have done to prevent your m/c.  I've seen lots of women on here and other boards say their doctors have different opinions on progesterone levels and whether or not progesterone supplements do any good... FWIW, I was on progesterone supps and still lost my baby.  I don't think it had anything to do with that though. 

The baby aspirin may or may not help as well - most women who take it have a diagnosed blood clotting disorder.  

I hope my limited knowledge helps a little, so you can at least figure out what questions you want to ask the next time you meet with your doctor.  

dx: PCOS
    Clomid + Met = BFP#1 12/27/10, missed MC discovered 2/9/11, d&c 2/11/11, 10w3d
    Natural cycle (just Met) = BFP#2 6/3/11, Baby A arrived 2/16/12
    <a href="http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i390/tlneff0108/?action=view
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"