South Florida Babies
Options

food options other than a Cuban bakery?

I'm having a small gtg for my family on Saturday for Sarah's bday.  I'm having cupcakes (from Misha's... I have officially boycotted Sweetness for special events after the whole "Well, what do you want us to do about it?" comments and having Peter or Abby's cakes ready 2 hours later than promised.  But I digress.) and a small cake, my sister's bringing some sort of dip, but I need to have something else.  I wanted to do something easy but different from just the regular bocaditos and croquettas... any suggestions?  I reeeeeeally don't want to do lasagna, I want just finger foods, but I'm drawing a blank.  Are the options of publix or cuban bakery it?  Any suggestions on Costco foods?  I haven't been ther ein about a year, so I have no idea what kinds of stuff they may have.  

Seriously, drawing a total blank... oh, and "small" for my immediate familiy (meaning just my uncles and aunts and the grandparents) is about 20 :-/ 

Re: food options other than a Cuban bakery?

• Options
    chick fil a is one of my favorites
    image image

• Options

imageMrsLeanna:
    chick fil a is one of my favorites
    '

that's a perfect idea... but we don't have one in kendall :(  dammit. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Costco is a good option.  We were just there this weekend for a last-minute gtg with family.  We got chips with a spinach dip, a huge tray of cocktail shrimp, chicken wings, salad, and turkey wraps.  They also have many other party trays.  We are ordering delivery trays from Trattoria Sole for a party we are having, but we are also getting some finger foods and the alcohol from Costco.
  • Options
    The deli @ Super Target does great party platers! Not sure if you remember but I got several sandwich trays for Nadia's 1st bday- they were reasonably priced & a hit.
  • Options
    I"m a huge fan of Costco.  Meatballs, taquitos, chicken finger, hummus, cheese cubes.
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Whole Foods or Fresh Market has great prepared foods, antipasto bar and platters, but if you have a large crowd Costco is probably better so you don't spend a ton of money and the quality/variety is great
  • Options

A lot of pp's already offered some great suggestions. Meatballs, mini finger sandwiches, cheese tray, spinach dip, crab dip, pasta salad, pigs in a blanket, taquitos, wraps (make a regular wrap and cut in slices..hold together with a toothpick). 

Also, call the Chik-fil-A in Dadeland....they do party platters. You just need to call ahead of time to order. (305)661-1173

• Options
    You can do a fruit display too! Grabs a bag of grapes, a watermelon, 2 pineapples cut the watermelon and the pineapples and poof! Or even a chocolate fondu with those fruits!
  • Options
    thos mentioned above are all great ideas. Also you can order a party sub from subay or even publix does delicious mini sandwhichs.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options

Here are a few of my favorite party easy to make go- to(s):

*Tiny Meat and Cheese Bites

Which are like kabobs, but no grilling! Buy at public a jar of pickled veggies(or just a variety of pickles) any flavor you like. Then some hard salami and any cubed cheese. Just cut any veggies/cheese/meat into apporite sized squares or such and then place on toothpicks and display.

-goes well with a white wine or blush

*Fresh Mozzarella and tomato

Yumm, so easy and my favorite!  A bunch of fresh tomatoes and fresh mozzarella( the kind that you have to find where the deli meats are..not always in the cheese isle) Cut both into ? slices or so and arrange tomato then cheese ontop. Sprinkle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and sprinkle a small amount of Italian bread crumbs and fresh or dried basil. Let stand in fridge for about 20 min before guests arrive for full effect of flavor. (remember to put some foil or plastic wrap over!)

*Roast Beef Brochette

This is soo good and doll it up as you like, it?s so easy. Depending on how many you want to make will reflect in amount of product used. So for about 6 serving at 5 each this is what I recommend and plan from there. A loaf of French bread, or any sort of fresh ?fancy? slender bread. Roast beef, thin cut about a half pound. (either from deli or just the already cut stuff ) A few (say about 4-5 medium sized) tomatoes. 

-ok,  cut bread into thin slices and drizzle olive oil over, put in oven (at 375) for 5 minutes or until they appear nice and golden with a light crisp.

Then cut tomatoes into thin-ish slices. Now for the spread to go on the bread its really up to you..you can purchase a fancy mayo or something. However I just use plain mayo (and a very very little amount) or a thin cut cheese (swiss, or anything like that) So in layers it should appear, bread then mayo/spread or cheese then topped with tomato.

Obviously this you can fix and mix and match with any kind of meat and such.

*Salad, any kind at all. They can come in  bag and all you do is dump them into a bowl.

Good luck!

(oh, I did not even look when this was posted/I also forgot its already Saturday. I guess I?m a little late in a reply but still someone may want to use or just some ideas for future!)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"