Success after IF
Options

Sharing germs...?

Once you've caught a cold from someone, can you continue to pass it back and forth, or do you become immune to it?

Charlie started off with a cold on Saturday (from the Children's Museum, I'll bet) and quickly passed it to CeCe, Ava, and me.  We are all snotty, congested messes.  I've been trying to minimize the passage of germs (separate sippies, separate spoons, constant nose wiping and hand washing, etc.), but they girls are basically covered in snot all day and obviously play together all day long.  Can they continue to pass it back and forth?  Or is the damage already done?

My Favorite Books image
Books read in 2012: 58!

Re: Sharing germs...?

• Options
    While I'm no doctor....when both of my girls get sick they usually don't pass it back and forth and back and forth.  It seems like they just have it once.  But then again my girls basically are never sick so don't take my word for it haha! =)  Hope you guys start to feel better ASAP!

"I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two. -Bob Constantine

"All for Love,' a Saviour prayed 'Abba Father have Your way. Though they know not what they do...Let the Cross draw men to You...."

• Options
    don't worry, they will be immune after having it once. so if they all have the same strain of the virus (which they should if they caught it from each other to begin with) it will be over after they fight it off.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageperry7285:
    don't worry, they will be immune after having it once. so if they all have the same strain of the virus (which they should if they caught it from each other to begin with) it will be over after they fight it off.

Ditto!   

TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks!  That's what I thought, but just wanted to make sure.  It is impossible keeping them from sharing toys.  And I just can't wash my hands every time I wipe on of their noses (it's an ongoing, all-day process, lol).
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • Options
    Two weeks ago I got a nasty cold it went to Jordana followed  by Preston. Brady came down with it as well, his was actually RSV. No one passed it back to anyone!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I've always wondered this!

Considering that I'm convinced that *I* made DS sick (talk about guilt!), and now he's on the mend. . . but I feel worse. . . I'd sure like to think that he won't get it again!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"