Infertility
Options

So now MIL wants to come down ON THE DAY of ET

Can you tell I'm really freaking out here?

Instead of coming down on Saturday or Sunday to stay for a week (has to meet clients here in C-bus) she now wants to come down on day of ET so that she has the weekend to spend with us.  Again, she has no clue we've adopted embryo's, much less are doing an ET on the 1st.  How do I possibly convince her to come on Sunday instead?  If we use a story of we'll be out of town on day of ET she wouldn't be bothered and would still come and stay at our house anyway.  I need a good, believable lie to get her to stay away!!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
3 IUI's, 2 IVF's , 1 FET , 1 IVF w/ Gestational Carrier, and 1 FET using adopted embryo's = ALL BFNs
We are adopting!

SAIF/PAIF IS ALWAYS WELCOMED TO POST IN MY POSTS!!!

Re: So now MIL wants to come down ON THE DAY of ET

• Options

Hum, is there anyway DH can step in and just say no?

Granted living in a NYC sized space, we decline visitors a lot.  But u really don't need this type of stress during ur cycle.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Oh gosh.  Holy heck!!  I would freak out!!! 

Can you tell her you are having the house fumigated?  Carpets cleaned?  That you are having people over - your DH's or your boss?  That you have a friend from out of town staying with you Friday to Sunday and they will be in the guest room?       

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have no idea what to tell her, but I just wanted to let you know that I am so sorry to hear your dilemma!  I am cringing at the thought of my MIL staying with me the day of ET.  I agree with PP, can your husband step in?  Or can you both suddenly get a really severe form of the stomach flu and make it sound so horrendous that that she wouldn't want to stay with you?  Good luck--I feel for you!
    TTC #1 since 4/09
    2/21/11: IVF #1 Begins and results in TWINS!
    11/4/11: The twins are born at 36w4d!
    11/5/11: We said goodbye to our sweet baby girl as she was born with multiple complications and a severe heart defect, Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Ugh...can you tell her you have a school meeting or something work related? A parent conference that came up at the last minute,maybe?

Just want to wish you lots of luck, Ked!!!!!!! BTW, 3/1 is my bday :) Very lucky day! Stick out tongue

• Options
    Maybe you could use me as an excuse. Say that a friend is staying the night while traveling through and it would be much better for you for her to come the next day. Use me all you want, Sweetie :)
  • Options

I'd say I had a friend coming into town/staying at your house or that you guys are having friends over for dinner or something.  I'd croak if my MIL was going to stay with us for any length of time, let alone at such a critical time for your cycle.  

• Options
    I hope she just backs off and doesn't give you too much grief. Good luck with your transfer!
    +++
  • Options
    I agree with the PPs.  Tell them a friend from out of town is coming in and you won't have the room.  That's the only excuse that I can think of.. It sounds like a horrific situation....Hope things work out!
    My Wonderful Sister is my GC!!!! 3 IUIs, 2 unmedicated, 1 50mg of Clomid = All BFNs Next step IVF!!!! Melinda & Michael 5*6*06 God Bless The Broken Road
  • Options
    Oh Crap!! I hope you figure out something to keep her from coming early. I agree it's got to be something that involves your house so she doesn't come early anyway. Just tell her you are super busy that weekend and you are so sorry.
    PAIF and SAIF Always Welcome!
    TTC since 2007
    6 IUIs, 3 IVFs, and 2 m/c :< PCOS, Blood Clotting Disorder & MFI
    IVF #2 Aug 2011 is a BFN:<
    IVF #3 March 2012 is a BFN
    Not sure what to do now. Sad and lost.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I would have DH say a friend is going to be staying with you too.  I am so sorry for the added stress.
  • Options
    oh my goodness!!! I hope you can work it out... no advice here...If it were me and my MIL, I'd just tell her b/c i think it would be less stressful overall.  but i know that it's not as easy as that.  . . i really really hope you find a way to eliminate any extra stress. 
    S/PAIFW
    Tara & Dave - TTC since September 2006
    PCOS - dx 1999 (amenorrhea) | freakishly long fallopian tubes
    Hypoglycemic | thyroid issues | severely anemic
    Multiple Clomid cycles of 50, 100, 150 - absolutely no response
    Follistim 50/100 | Follistim 75/125 | Follistim 100/150 IUI - all BFNs
    Converted IVF - BFP - m/c | FET - BFN | IVF #2 = BFN
    IVF #3
  • Options
    Ugh, yeah, you do not need all this extra stress right now.  If it is truly not an option to just be forthright with her, then I would use the friend excuse I guess.  I'm sorry you're having to deal with all this right now. 
  • Options
    It's not as if you will be able to spend any time with her after your ET...  Can you just tell her that you are having some kind of minor procedure and that you need some recovery time?  GL!  I hope this cycle is worth all the trouble!
    imageimageimage

TTC since March 2009 // Me and DH - 28
    Testing Summer/Fall 2010 - Unexplained IF
    IUIs #1-4 ~ Clomid/Ovidrel/TI/IUI ~ all BFNs
    IUI #5 ~ Femara/Ovidrel/TI/IUI ~ BFN
    IUIs #6-9 ~ Research Study Meds/Pregnyl/TI/IUI ~ all BFNs
    IVF Consultation, More Testing
    Diagnostic Cycle ~ Mucinex/Progesterone/TI ~ BFN
    IVF #1 ~ Menopur/Bravelle/Ganirelix/Novarel/Progesterone/Lupron
    7R, 6F // 2 transferred // 3 frosties ~ BFN
    FET #1 ~ Estrace/PIO/Lupron
    3 thawed // 2 transferred // 1 lost // no more frosties ~ BFP!!
    Beta #1 - 456 // Beta #2 - 1176 // Beta #3 - 2933 // Beta #4 - 6753
    EDD: May 16, 2013
    Threatened MC at 6w2d
    Bedrest for SCH // 6w2d through 10w1d
    Elevated TSH and Lazy Thyroid DX @ 10w - Started Synthroid
    Finally released from RE at 13w
    Charles Everett ~ Born 5/20/2013

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

~~ My IF Blog ~~ 

• Options

Hmmm -- thats a tough one - as I know with my MIL - anything I come up with, she'd have an alternate solution - oh Ill sleep on the floor, or if i told her a procedure, it will be a million questions as to what. Granted we are open with our IF to our families but i still wouldnt want MIL there the day of the ET.

I'd go with out of town guests - or your college friends or something like that. Clearly you have to have DH go along with it -- I think I would have my DH tell MIL something as to why she cant come or to wait until another day.

Good luck!

And good luck with the transfer!!!!!

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

This discussion has been closed.