Baby Names

Thoughts on Hayes?

We threw out Quinn as our name for our LO after a ton of feedback from you lovely ladies that it's more of a girl's name these days. Our top contenders now are Hayes, Walker, Charlie and Henry. Thoughts on Hayes, or if you are so inclined, thoughts on the other options too? DS's name is Holden if it matters. 

Thanks! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Thoughts on Hayes?

• I absolutely love Hayes. I also like Charlie, but only as a nn to Charles.
  • I love the name Hayes.  And from your list, I like Henry too. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds strong and classic, but not like a name, if that makes sense. Too close to Holden, but it wouldn't be that bad. Way better then most presidential last names turned first names.
    Aloisia Sofia (35 weeks) 08/05/09 || Rosemarie (Romy) Elisabeth (32 weeks 6 days) 01/23/11.
  • Not a fan. 
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • do not like it at all...

• I really love Hayes. As for Charlie, as long as it's a nickname for Charles, I love it! Henry is also an awesome name. I'd ditch Walker... people might go around calling him Texas Ranger or something. Hahha!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • I'm not a fan of Hayes. Mostly because I'm over the last name as first name trend, but also because Hayes sounds just like Haze when spoken. I think Haze is a weird word to name a child.

I like Henry the best of your options. I think it goes really with Holden.

• If you're open to other suggestions, I thought these might be your style...

Brooks, Hudson, Bennett, Warner, Oliver, Colt, Keaton, Reid, Lawson, Harrison, Sutton, Archer, Tobin, Corbin, Miles, Cooper 

• Hayes reminds me of a country singer... Wade Hayes. I like Charlie. I can't use it though. It's my cousin's nn. My female cousin Kristen. I don't get it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not a fan of Hayes or Walker. LOVE Henry. Like Charlie as long as its a nickname for Charles. Good luck deciding!
  • Interesting on Quinn, I love it for a boy. 

Anyways, I like Hayes but knew one that turned me off to the name. I do love Henry! 

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• I really like Hayes. Then Henry and then Charlie, if short for Charles.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I don't care what anyone says, Quinn is a boy's name.

I don't like Hayes, but I do like Charlie.  Not a fan of Henry, nor Walker. 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I really love Hayes.  It was a favorite for a little while but I just couldn't get DH on board.  I would use it if I could.
  • I wouldn't throw out Quinn.  I haven't heard of it being used for a girl so maybe it is regional.  I like Quinn the best out of all those names.    I am not a fan of Hayes as a first name.  I think of it like haze, as someone else said but it might be that it's just nms.   

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageJaysonandKristin:

I don't care what anyone says, Quinn is a boy's name.

This. Quinn is a girl name now?

I love Hayes.

• I LOVE Hayes!! I know a girl named Hayes and she is really sweet and very pretty! Go for it!:)
  • Oh crap!! Just saw it was for a boy! It will totally work for a boy name too! Sorry about that...lol
  • I like all those names.  I really like Quinn and Hayes for boys or girls and classic..and not common, but no one will ever have to be like uh, how do you spell that...

I agree with Charlie as a nn, too...I always remember a teacher i had in highschool who was annoyed with his brother or someone calling his kid "mandy"  he went on all semester about..."you name the kid amanda and call her what ever you want.  now she's going to grow up and be a stripper"  not that a charlie would be a stripper, but easier to imagine an adult charles than charlie....

stick to your gut...I really think that unless your kid could be tourtured from the name you chose, maybe sometimes people are tooo opinionated.

praying for a miracle ..

• Not a fan.  Henry is ok, and I like Charles.  People are naming girls Charlotte now and using the NN "Charlie/Charlee" now though.  Confused

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• I'm not a fan of Hayes as a first name.  It will always just be a last name to me.  Walker is the same way.  Out of your list, I really like Henry and Charlie.
  • I personally think alliteration between sibling names (2 "H" names) is a bit over the top.  I like Hayes, but Holden and Hayes just don't work together IMO- sounds too contrived.

Therefore I would have to vote Charles (nn Charlie).

• Not a fan of Hayes - I like Henry the best.
  • So weird cause my middle name is Hayes(mom's maiden name) and my daughters middle name is Quinn.  Quinn is also my dad and brother's middle name.  It was my grandmas maiden name.  So, I may be bias, but I love them both!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"