Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

I am so heartbroken.... :(

My BFF is 24 weeks pg with her second son, her oldest is 5 years old.  She had an u/s at 20 weeks and a few days later she learned that her baby has skeletal dysphasia (dwarfism).  She had a level II u/s and saw a peri. and genetic counselor about 2 weeks ago.  They were unsure which type the baby had, and how severe it could be, so they were sending her u/s out to a clinic in CA that specializes in skeletal dysphasia.  She's aware that a full diagnosis cannot be made until after the birth, but she just got word that they believe her son has one of two types, both of which are fatal.  She sees the peri and genetic counselor tomorrow and will get more information, but she is in such shock right now.  They also told her that one type will not reoccur, but the other could - and that they will not likely know which type he has until after birth.

I feel so terrible for her, and I wish I knew what I could say or do to help her and her family, but I'm at a total loss.  Does anyone have any experience to share?

bfp 5/17/09 - missed m/c 6/17/09 @ 9w - stopped growing 6w 1d, D&C 6/19/09
BFP #2 10/13/2009 on our 2nd Wedding Anniversary
Discovered TWINS during the 6w u/s - what a shocker!
Delivered on 5/19/2010 at 34 weeks due to pre-e and HELLP syndrome
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
The Bump MoM Recipe Collection

Re: I am so heartbroken.... :(

• Options
    Oh my :( I don't have anything to share but I wanted to just say my prayers are with her and her family.  How sad :(  I pray that maybe something was wrong in one of the tests and he doen't have a fatal form.  You never know, miracles can happen.  No matter what happens though, I hope that little boy gets to meet his mamma and his family and spend some time with them and know how loved he is.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Oh my goodness, that is so sad. I'm so sorry. I don't have any experience to be of any help.

Maybe you can send her flowers and a card that says you are there for her and her family and if they need anything, to just ask.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I can't imagine how stressed out she is right now. At this time all you can do is tell her you are there for her if she needs a shoulder to lean on. I am so sorry.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am so sorry to here this. Your friend will be in my thoughts and prayers.

DD#1 is 3! And LO#2 is on his/her way! Due Feb 26th, 2014.

BFP#1: EDD 5/7/2010 born on 5/20/2010. A little girl named Emily.  

BFP#2: m/c 10/29/2012 EDD was 6/21/2012 Baby Hope was 6 weeks 3 days. 

BFP#3: Twin B stopped growing at 8 weeks and 5 days. Found on 8/10/2014. EDD was 2/26/2014. Twin A is still doing great and due date is 2/26/14. 

• Options
    No advice, but I am sorry to hear that. I will say a prayer for her right now. I cannot even imagine going through that. I think you just being there to listen if she wants to talk about it will be a great help to her.
    Our first baby girl, Lucia Joy, joined us on April 1, 2010!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"