June 2011 Moms
Options

If you did a 3D Ultrasound

How far along were you when you had it?

If you're planning on it, how long are you waiting?

TIA

Re: If you did a 3D Ultrasound

• Options
    Mine is scheduled for the end of my 29th week
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    My sister-in-law got one at 23 weeks and the baby just didn't look "developed." My OB suggested waiting until you're 28-35 weeks before you get a 3D/4D u/s. My sister-in-law wasted $300 and you couldn't really even tell what was what. If I get a 3D/4D u/s for $300 I want a clear cut picture of my baby. If we decide to do one, I'm waiting until I'm 30 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Were doing ours at the end of my 29 weeks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had one at 16 weeks so I could fins out gender. I am doing another one around 32 weeks just to see our baby again and have so beautiful pictures for our scrapbook.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am having mine on Thursday (on my birthday) I will be just over 27 weeks
    Loving life with two boys who are 10 months apart and can't wait for team green baby to join us and thinking daily about our angel who was with us for a very short time. (CP at 4 weeks and 5 days) Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Our regular appts have always included 3D ultrasound images. We got them at the 20 week and the one prior. I imagine whenever we get another appt we'll get another.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My OB's office does them around 32 weeks. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Options
    I'm doing one sometime this week. Mostly to double check the gender. I don't care to see what my baby looks like. I want some surprise I think.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I am doing mine on Saturday.  We are doing it for gender since LO wouldn't give it up at the ultrasound and we won't get another one.

Sidenote: 300 bucks seems like an awful lot of money.  We are getting ours done for 50 and if they can't get the money shot we get to come back for free for a second chance.  We are getting pictures and a DVD.

Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • Options

I did one last week at 22.5 weeks and her features looked pretty developed.....I mean she looked like a cute baby and not an alien.

The only reason I did it so early (or at all for that matter) is that I was on a waiting list for a place that will do them for free, but the caveat is that you have to go when they call you in.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Our ultrasound tech was very nice and just did it for us at 20 weeks...

He looked pretty cute to me, but I am his mama

https://hollenzoo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/baby20weeks2days.jpeg

But she did say it is best after 28 weeks when they have more fat on them and they look cuter. 

Read My Blog- Two Humans + 9 Animals + One Baby!
    image image
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP- 10.11.2010
    Beta #1 (13DPO)- HCG 29
    Beta #2 (15DPO)- HCG 81
    Beta #3 (19DPO)- HCG 558
    Stick Baby Stick!

TTC since 8.2007
    Chemical Pregnancy ended at 5.5 weeks: 5.5.2008
    Angel Baby-- strange cell growth-- 8 weeks total low low betas: 7.1.2010
    Chemical Pregnancy ended at 4.5 weeks: 9.11.2010
  • Options
    I have an appt next Sunday.  I will be 27 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think it's more of how chubby and cute baby will be.  At my gender u/s they switched between 2d and 3d (little guy wouldn't get his feet outta his face lol)...he looked so scrawny (not abnormal just not what you think of when you think of a sweet little newborn) and not so cute.  If we did choose to do it; I think we'd wait until 30 wks or more just so he's got some baby fat.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 11/18/13. EDD 7/25/14. It's a BOY! 

Surprise BFP 7/30/13. EDD 4/7/14. Natural MC 8/24/13

• Options
    I will be 27 weeks 6 days. My dr. runs the business out of his office on weekends and recommends after 28 weeks. We did it with DD at about 28-29 weeks, and she looked just like she did at birth in profile.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    25 weeks.  it was awesome.  he looked so cute.

• Options
    When I called to make the appt they said the best time is between 26-30 weeks. You dont want to go to early because its hasnt filled out enough but you dont want to go to late because then the baby is bigger. I scheduled mine for when im 27/28 weeks that way im right in the middle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"