June 2011 Moms

Failed my 1 hr glucose =(

I know it doesn't mean I have it, but goodness it sucks to have to go in for the 3 hours. Keep your fingers crossed for me! Anyone fail the 3 hour?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Failed my 1 hr glucose =(

• I hear ya...it does suck to have to go in and sit there for 3 hours. Bring a good book!

I'm still waiting to hear back about the 3 hour...I did it on Friday.

~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">imageimage
  • Ugh, I'm sorry to hear that! Good luck with your 3 hour! Take a book, crossword book, word search book, etc. Keep yourself busy! Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • is it super common to fail the 1 hour? i see a lot of posts about failure which makes me nervous - i'm usually so fit and healthy as it seems most of us are but that doesn't seem to play much of a part in results...... does it matter what you ate before hand? I get my 1 hour results on Friday - i'm freaking out about failing - i really don't want to have to go back to do the 3 hour :(
  • imagehelenejr:
    is it super common to fail the 1 hour? i see a lot of posts about failure which makes me nervous - i'm usually so fit and healthy as it seems most of us are but that doesn't seem to play much of a part in results...... does it matter what you ate before hand? I get my 1 hour results on Friday - i'm freaking out about failing - i really don't want to have to go back to do the 3 hour :(

Yes.  It does.  At least that's what my doc told me.  You are not supposed to eat anything particularly high in sugar but you do want to make sure you have eat something.

I have mine next Tuesday. I'm nervous also.

• I have no idea if it matters what I ate. If it does matter then that could be the problem since I've still been munching on candy from valentines. Just not while I was suppose to be fasting.
  • imagekimbo1216:

imagehelenejr:
    is it super common to fail the 1 hour? i see a lot of posts about failure which makes me nervous - i'm usually so fit and healthy as it seems most of us are but that doesn't seem to play much of a part in results...... does it matter what you ate before hand? I get my 1 hour results on Friday - i'm freaking out about failing - i really don't want to have to go back to do the 3 hour :(

Yes.  It does.  At least that's what my doc told me.  You are not supposed to eat anything particularly high in sugar but you do want to make sure you have eat something.

I have mine next Tuesday. I'm nervous also.

HMMM now i'm extra worried..... i was told to eat a normal breakfast 1 hour before the test - so i have 2 pieces of toast with strawberry jam....... to be honest when i had the drink for the test 40 mins after eating that the sugar made me so nauseas! eeekkkk now i just want to know my results!!!

• From what I understand you're not suppose to eat anything. I was told to have a little breakfast once and failed because of it. Then I was told I should've been fasting. But this time I was fasting so that's what worries me.
  • I fasted both times...for the 1 hour and the 3 hour. The 3 hour was a mandatory 8 hour fasting.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">imageimage
  • I have mine in a couple of weeks and was told to eat like I normally eat just avoid foods high in sugar that day. I scheduled it early in the morning so I will probably also avoid sugary foods the day before. Just call your doctor office and ask them if they want you to eat or not.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I'm planning on my standby of one scrambled egg with one additional egg white, a tiny bit of shredded cheese and a piece of whole wheat toast. Anytime I eat ANY sugar (be it fruit or candy) in the morning (w/out protein and fat) I get sick for the entire day. :( I have a strong feeling I will fail BOTH GD tests and have to really watch what I eat.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagejengon:
    From what I understand you're not suppose to eat anything. I was told to have a little breakfast once and failed because of it. Then I was told I should've been fasting. But this time I was fasting so that's what worries me.

I failed mine this morning too Sad...My appt was at 7am and I was told to fast for the 12 hours prior.

For the three days leading up to my 3hr test I will have to eat a fairly specific diet too...guess so they can control how much sugar/carbs you take in leading up to the test?!?!

if you're interested in the diet let me know...maybe it will make your results more reliable....

• They want me to be on a special diet 3 days before also. I'm actually about to leave to pick up the paperwork telling me about it.
  • imageabsoluteremix:
    I have mine in a couple of weeks and was told to eat like I normally eat just avoid foods high in sugar that day. I scheduled it early in the morning so I will probably also avoid sugary foods the day before. Just call your doctor office and ask them if they want you to eat or not.

this

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"