Upstate NY Babies
Options

Anyone been to Belhust Castle?

DH just booked us a night at Belhurst Castle to get away for a night. We really need it since we've been through the ringer the last few weeks and we never really celebrated my bday since it was right after we found out about the m/c. Has anyone been there, or stayed a night? We are going in late march so I know not to expect too much in terms of weather!  I'm so excited!

Re: Anyone been to Belhust Castle?

• Options
    Love it there our wedding was there loved our room the Bronze Room!
  • Options

Oh wow! Married at a castle, you must have felt like a princess!! :-) I can't wait!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I grew up in Geneva and have been there for countless weddings and events.  I have never actually spent the night (since my parents house is just down the road), but it really is beautiful.  You will love it.  The just recently added a Spa/Salon and I got my hair done there about two months ago.  I would love to go get pampered there again.
  • Options
    We stayed there Sunday night!!  We stayed in the VInifera Inn.  The room was huge and the bed was really comfortable.  We had lunch at the Stonecutter's (Chowder in a bread bowl..super yummy!) and a 4 course dinner at Edgar's which was amazing.  We had a couples' massage at the spa which was really nice.  Breakfast buffet was good too.  We drove around Geneva a little and went to the outlets.  Time flew and we had a great stay!  We did the Lover's Getaway and had a spa package for the massage.  Note: if you do the 4 course dinner, go hungry, it is amazing food and lots of it.  We had to get dessert to go :).  Enjoy!
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

How exciting! Are you staying in the Castle or the Vinifera? (The old part or the new part) 

We also had our wedding there and stayed the night that night. It was fantastic. March will be nice because you can still sit by the fireplace in Stonecutter's.

I highly recommend the new spa; DH sent me for Christmas and it was amazing. 

We've actually been talking about booking a night for our anniversary, as a first night away from DD. That way if she's miserable we're close. You'll have a fantastic time!

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We're staying in the White Springs Manor. I'm guessing that's the newer part? I definitely want to go to the restaurant there too. I'll have to look into the spa, good call!! Now I only have to wait a couple more weeks ugggggg :-)  Thanks for all the tips ladies!!
  • Options
    I hope I'm totally not a buzzkill, but White Springs Manor isn't physically a part of the Castle. It's up the road on a hill, not actually on the lake.
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageBelhurstBride:
    I hope I'm totally not a buzzkill, but White Springs Manor isn't physically a part of the Castle. It's up the road on a hill, not actually on the lake.

Well that would have been nice to know! lol  I guess it doesn't really matter where we sleep, we can still enjoy the whole experience, right?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"