August 2011 Moms
Options

Baby gift: diapers for the rest of the year...

I got a shipment of newborn diapers in the mail yesterday from Amazon.com.... and apparently my SIL (DH's brother's wife) has arranged for us to get diapers from amazon.com for the new baby through the rest of 2011.

WOW. I'm absolutely speechless... it's a great gift and totally unexpected.

I feel horrible about it at teh same time because we just found out this weekend that my SIL is pregnant with her 3rd... and I know there is no way we could afford to do the same in return! Hopefully I'll figure out a creative gift that she'll love anyways.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

Re: Baby gift: diapers for the rest of the year...

• Options
    wow! what an amazing gift. BTW, congrats on your little boy! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thats such a wonderful gift!!

I'm sure you will think of something amazing for her as well!

~Cate~ Baby Boy born 8/30/11!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

WOW! What a generous gift! I dont know how someone would 'repay' then with a gift equally was nice if you dont have the funds.

Just a thought...

I have a friend whose SIL is due in April. The SIL is rather well off and doesnt really 'need' anything for the baby. My friend is baking up some freezer meals to stock her freezer when the baby comes. I think that sounds like a fantastic idea. One less thing to worry about when someone else has done all the prep for your meals.

• Options

If they understand your finances, then they should know that you will not be able to return the favor and shouldn't expect as large of a gift in return.  I would send a really nice thank you card.

And then when it gets closer to time for her child, I would try to find something very personal and heartfelt to give as a gift to show how much you thought of them and how much you really care.  Are you crafty?  Could you make something?  I was at a shower this weekend where someone gave a really cute handmade book.

I understand how hard it can be though.  DH's parents told us to pick out what we want and they will buy it.  Blank check.  It's awkward dealing with that level of generosity.

• Options
    That is an awesome gift!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    That is a great gift!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"