Military Families
Options

Quad test Question? Covered?

I have TRICARE REMOTE and from what I can tell I will not be paying anything at all.

The girl there said Ins might not cover this has anyone else had this dune?

I did try to get the CPT codes and call tricare to verify they will pay but for some reason nothing is coming up in their system so it might be a new code. 

DEFINITION OF QUAD TEST:

The quad test consists of four blood test to indicate whether baby is at risk for neural tube defects (spina bifida) or chromosomal problems (down syndrome)

Re: Quad test Question? Covered?

• Options

It was covered when I was seeing a civilian provider on Tricare Prime in KY. I am over 35, though, which may have been a factor. 

It was also covered for this pregnancy while on Tricare Standard.  However, I'm in CA where the test is mandated by the state therefore insurance companies must cover it.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't know about Tricare Remote, but I have Tricare Prime and it would have been covered had I decided to have it done (and I am 23 years old, so I don't think age is a factor).

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had Tricare Remote with DD and it was covered.
    image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have Reserve Select and it's only covered under certain circumstances.  Mine will be covered bc I had a previous, unexplained loss.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"