Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Keeping a climber baby safe

My son learned how to pull himself up in his crib and on pretty much anything solid last week. He is now trying to climb up the side of the crib, so we lowered the crib to the lowest level, and now he can't reach to pull himself up. However, now everytime he attempts to pull up, he falls down usually bonking his head. Either way, he is not going to sleep in a timely manner and i'm worried about him getting hurt. I'm thinking about switching him into the pack n' play because at least that has netting instead of wood. Any suggestions to keep my little mover safe? Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Keeping a climber baby safe

• Options

You need to purchase these and strap any furniture that could tip over. 

https://www.mypreciouskid.com/furniture-safety-brackets.html

DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I am having the same issues. I like your idea of switching to the pack-n-play so he doesn't smack his head so much. He is waking himself up several time a night smacking that head on the crib.  Before your post I was thinking of the crib tent but maybe we will try your suggestion first.

I agree to lock down the furniture in rooms that LO is allow to crawl around in and get the locks on the drawers and cabinets!!

this kid is going to age me, I can tell already!

GL!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My son has started this too, in his crib, on chairs, ottoman, coffee table, etc., about 3 weeks ago.  He used to get stuck standing up in his crib and just scream (or fall down and hit his head).  He seems to be getting stronger, or smarter, because it is happening less frequently.   

BTW...it's funny that the posts come from mother's of boys :)

Lukas Justin 8.12.2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"