May 2011 Moms

IVF wrong embryo implanted.

I'm watching The Talk right now about a woman who's last chance to have IVF took and she conceived a baby but the clinic implanted someone elses embryo. She carried the baby to full term and upon birth had to give the baby back to the genetic parents.

=[ So sad/touching.

https://inconceivablebook.com/

imageimage

Re: IVF wrong embryo implanted.

• That story was on Dateline a week or two ago. CRAZY.
  • I can't imagine being on either side of that issue. So terribly sad :(
    **Baby #3 is on the way!**
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagetheaustins05:

I'm watching The Talk right now about a woman who's last chance to have IVF took and she conceived a baby but the clinic implanted someone elses embryo. She carried the baby to full term and upon birth had to give the baby back to the genetic parents.

=[ So sad/touching.

Hmm, and in theory after she's done rightfully draining that clinic financially for their mistakes and the emotional impact...she should have enough to go to a clinic and get another round!

..though I have to say, I find it strange that they went so far as to make her give the child back to the genetic parents. Many states recognize birth as trumping genetics. It's one of the reasons why, when they thought I might have a unicornuate uterus and thus need a surrogate, I said I'd refuse to do it in Nebraska as they would require the surrogate to terminate rights and I'd have to adopt my own child.... so, the vagina it emerged from would trump the ovary the egg happened to come from

• that was also in the People with christina applegate on the cover. i guess they gave her last embryo to a surrogate and the surrogate miscarried :(
  • imagePeejee:
    imagetheaustins05:

=[ So sad/touching.

Hmm, and in theory after she's done rightfully draining that clinic financially for their mistakes and the emotional impact...she should have enough to go to a clinic and get another round!

..though I have to say, I find it strange that they went so far as to make her give the child back to the genetic parents. Many states recognize birth as trumping genetics. It's one of the reasons why, when they thought I might have a unicornuate uterus and thus need a surrogate, I said I'd refuse to do it in Nebraska as they would require the surrogate to terminate rights and I'd have to adopt my own child.... so, the vagina it emerged from would trump the ovary the egg happened to come from

Her doctors would not let her get pregnant again. They did have two or three embryos left and they tried with a surrogate, but she miscarried and the other two didn't implant.

She did have to sign over the the baby too the biololgical parents. I guess the 'surrogate' and her husband had rights to the child because she carried the baby, but she said she could never do that, said she never once questioned keeping the baby, she said it was always the other families baby.

it was heart breaking to watch, and that women and her husband are the type of people I would like to be. Amazing!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I saw a 20/20 special on this same situation, wow!  I still think about it and it was so hard to wrap my brain around the whole situation, all of it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"