March 2011 Moms
Options

frustrating contractions

I started having them yesterday around 4ish, by 11 or so they were every 4-8 minutes, nice and strong and stayed pretty strong until this morning. But then they just stop. Has this happened to anyone else? I don't understand, tomorrow is my due date, they're supposed to keep going right? I've had my share of BH and this is not them, it's so discouraging!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: frustrating contractions

• Options

Contractions have a mind of their own. When I was induced with my first child, they started and were very consistent for hours. And then they came to a complete halt. No reason, no Dr. or nurse could explain why they stopped.They even talked about sending me home since they had stopped. They eventually started again with the help of a larger dose of pitocin.

This time I have been only having contractions after having sex, and that is very frustrating to me. I wonder every time they start, if today is the day, and then they stop. It is very frustrating. Just remember to follow your head and if you think you need to go to L&D, go.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This is happening with me, but it didn't happen with DS.  I also know they are not BH.  However, I'm not doing internals until my 40w appointment, but I welcome them at this point since I figure they are doing something and will hopefully do some of the work before the "real" work kicks in for labor!  It's not uncommon for this pattern of prodromal labor to happen before the real deal, so hang in there! 
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had the same thing and then 2 days later my water broke!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"