April 2011 Moms
Options

Gift for nurses?

Ok - So I ended up on the March 2011 board this morning and was reading some posts....then realized it was the wrong board...anyways I saw a post over there about getting gifts for the Labor and Delivery nurses.  I never heard of this....what do you guys think...gift or no gift?

If you do a gift what do you give?

[Poll]

Re: Gift for nurses?

• Options

We will be getting them a gift...nothing big or anything just some gift bags with candy and such in them

• Options

We are ordering pizza for the nurses' station when we arrive, as a pre-emptive thank you and as a bribe. Because frankly, I am a big, huge baby when I am in pain and this is probably the only way they won't smother me with a pillow.

My SIL, who is an OB, suggested this.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I plan on bringing some snacks for our nurses and Dr.'s.
    natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm going to just bake a bunch of cookies, banana bread and zucchini bread for everyone.  I probably wouldn't have brought anything, but a good friend of mine is a L&D nurse where I'm going, and I know a few of her friends from there also.  I know they will appreciate it.
  • Options
    I'm bringing little boxes of cookies (home made) and everyone that comes into the room gets one.  The boxes have the babies initials on them and a pink bow.
  • Options

Question:

You guys are bringing these baked goods with you when you go into labor?  And then what? Keeping them in your room or having DH give them to the nursing station? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageScout05:

We are ordering pizza for the nurses' station when we arrive, as a pre-emptive thank you and as a bribe. Because frankly, I am a big, huge baby when I am in pain and this is probably the only way they won't smother me with a pillow.

My SIL, who is an OB, suggested this.

LOL--I am a huge baby too and will be bribing the nurses for the same reason as you.  My RN sister suggested it!

• Options
    Being that my nurses are my co-workers/friends I will definitely get them something! Maybe candy or a cake for the unit. Nurses, especially OB nurses love candy and cakes! :D 
  • Options
    imageManiacMcGee:

Question:

You guys are bringing these baked goods with you when you go into labor?  And then what? Keeping them in your room or having DH give them to the nursing station? 

I'll have them in the room for nurses and after baby is here visitors. 

• Options
    I brought my OB's office cookies when I went in for my 6 week check-up and stopped by L&D afterwards to drop off the same thing for the nurses there. I appreciated everything they had done for me with my many weeks of NSTs, my overnight stay at 32 weeks and during my actual L&D/recovery. I know they don't expect anything and I think they appreciated having someone bring in treats to thank them.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • Options
    I may be partial because I am a nurse, but yes to treats! I wouldn't give actual gifts, but treats for the nurses is always greatly appreciated.
    Hannah born 4/5/11
    TTC #2 since 1/14
    Miscarriage d/t blighted ovum 8/14
  • Options

Yes to goodies for the nurses!  As a nurse, I can speak from experience that a really crappy shift can be totally turned around by a cookie. 

Just keep in mind that most hospitals won't allow staff to accept gifts to take home.  However, group things that can be shared at the nurses station or break room are just fine.

Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options
    i usually have my mom bring up something for the nurses mainly bc its usually a surprise and i dont have the time to bake anything b4 heading up to the hospital... i expect to be there for at least 3 days... and if i dont get anything up there for them when im up there i will bring them something at my follow up
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"