Baby Showers
Options

RSVPs

We (my mom and I) sent them out 4 weeks ago...and everyone is to RSVP by tomorrow...well we mailed 109 and have only heard back from 54. My shower is on Sunday. My dad's whole family hasn't even called...we have just heard throught other family members that this person or that person is coming. UGH! Why can't people just call!! I mean we put 2 numbers on there mine and my mom's. (My mom works alot of hours so we put mine as a back up seeing that my MIL is having nothing to do with the shower).

I've also, been checking my registey and there is barly anything off of there. My mom said well your anuts have been calling saying that you didn't register for anything (mind you between the 2 there are like 60-70 items)...I asked what did they mean and she told me that I didn't put any clothes on there! Really?? If I had wanted clothes I would have put them on there...and everyone buys them weather or not you put them on there.

Anyone else with these problems??

Re: RSVPs

• Options

W/ the RSVP's, you and your mom are going to need to start calling people.  It sucks, but if you need to know who's coming, gotta call.

As for the registry - just keep in mind that it's a wish list and it's entirely up to the giver if they want to buy off of it or not.  Yes, especially a baby registry is about stuff we really kind of need, but regardless, it's not a requirement that people have to buy off of it.

Also, I personally dont' tend to go shopping until  the week of anyhow, so I wouldn't be surprised if a lot more gets bought this week or on Saturday even.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    Don't "stress" about the registry.  As the PP said, lots of people choose to buy whatever they want (in other words ignore the registry) or shop at the last minute.  They may choose to shop that Saturday (day before).  Also, sometimes people use your registry but forget to mark it off at the register/counter.  That happened for several of my items at my shower.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

About the RSVPs... you and your mom need to start calling people. The only way you'll know for sure is if you call and ask if they plan on attending.

About the registry... it's just a wish list. People can ignore it or they can use it. We had 55 items on our registry and only 12 items were purchased from it. The rest were just random items that people felt we needed... picture frames, towels, baby buntings (for a mid/late March baby?!), etc. We returned what we could, donated what couldn't be returned, and went shopping the next weekend to get everything else that we needed.

You will get things you don't need/want/care for. Just graciously accept and deal with the returns and donations after the shower. My personal favorite... my MIL bought a Christmas outfit in newborn size. I'm due in 18 days and therefore have no need for a newborn Christmas outfit. That was promptly placed in the Sal. Army pile.

• Options
    imageEastCoastBride:

W/ the RSVP's, you and your mom are going to need to start calling people.  It sucks, but if you need to know who's coming, gotta call.

As for the registry - just keep in mind that it's a wish list and it's entirely up to the giver if they want to buy off of it or not.  Yes, especially a baby registry is about stuff we really kind of need, but regardless, it's not a requirement that people have to buy off of it.

Also, I personally dont' tend to go shopping until  the week of anyhow, so I wouldn't be surprised if a lot more gets bought this week or on Saturday even.

This!! It sucks, and people are rude- you'll just have to call or email them for RSVPs. Hopefully the embarassment of you having to call to ask them will get them to rsvp next time, but I doubt it (I always tell myself this lol).  

As per registry. You're going to get clothes, and I've heard from a lot of people that you'll get a ton of gifts not on the registry. Don't be surprised when it happens. 

• Options

Obnoxious.  We invited literally 60 people to our wedding and still had bunches that didn't RSVP. 

I feel real selfish admitting that we are keeping gender a secret and announcing at our shower because I don't want a buttload of clothes......my sis has two girls and her aunt had their last child...a boy.  Thanks but no thanks, will already have clothes exploding out of our house.  I was told from a mother of two teenage girls that people like to get their baby fix buying clothes for your child. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I feel the same way you do about the registry.  I want items listed on my registry. I did not put clothes on there, because I don't want them (esp since we dont know the sex of the baby).  And if you can't follow my registry, get me a gift card.  I also usually shop the week of the baby shower for my gift.
  • Options

I hate it when people don't RSVP. I honestly don't understand the reason behind it. I'd suggest your mom start making some phone calls or if you have emails for the these people...send them an email reminder.

As for registry, I was told that lot of people ignore the registry and buy stuff whatever people "think" we need. My husband was recently told by a person X that she didn't like anything we had on our registry, not sure if she wants to get anything off of it and wanted to know if we had another registry somewhere else. To me that was a bit rude and honestly didn't know how to respond. My shower is later this month.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"