Austin Babies
Options

SAHP/non-daycare kids ?

If your kids aren't in daycare (at home, with nanny, etc.), how many times a week do they get out and interact with other kids? Right now, we're doing music class once a week, and I feel like we need to add more socialization activities. What do you do? We might add swimming lessons soon, it's just hard with our schedules. But I know both girls need it between now and preschool. WDYD?

Re: SAHP/non-daycare kids ?

• Options
    Does MDO count? Jack goes 2x a week for a 1/2 day. Next year, Tops will start the same thing and Jack will go up to 3 days. Other than that, we see other kids 1-2x a week.
  • Options

Ditto MC.  Little is in Preschool 2 days a week for a half day, next year when Tiny is here he'll be in 3 days a week.  Otherwise, I try to see friends/playdate at least once a week.

*whenever we go to the park there is almost always a kid or 2 there that's little's age and since he'd rather play with kids than actually play at the playground, I will usually count this as socialization time.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We do music class once a week, go to the YMCA every day that we don't have something else scheduled, and usually have a playdate at least once every couple of weeks. I would say the kids are usually interacting with other kiddos besides each other a minimum of 5 days per week. Before we joined the Y in October/November they probably only interacted with other kids 1-2 days per week.
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• Options
    As often as our schedule allows.  But my DH also works from home and it can become a PITA to try and keep DD from getting in his way & being too loud so sometimes it is just easier to get out of the house - even if it just means going down to the neighborhood park (where there are almost always other kids with their parents/nannys).
  • Options

Before starting preschool as a 3 year old, Meredith played weekly with a bunch of kids from the neighborhood during a Bible study/lunch group we had. That was several hours of play. We went to the park at least once a week as well. We tried to have fairly regular playdates several times a month with friends. That was about it. She did fine in 3 year old preschool.

• Options
    On days that I don't babysit we try to get out at least once a day.  We don't always have a scheduled meet-up planned, but there are usually other kids at the park/ playground.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ok, it looks like 3-5 is about average. We definitely need to step it up. :( :::off to look up more classes:::
  • Options

DS #1 has MDO twice a week, music class, and a playgroup every week.  DS #2 also has his own playgroup while #1 is in MDO.  In the afternoons, DH takes one or both boys to the park where they get more social interaction.

:-)

• Options
    imagemcgee+mike:

Before starting preschool as a 3 year old, Meredith played weekly with a bunch of kids from the neighborhood during a Bible study/lunch group we had. That was several hours of play. We went to the park at least once a week as well. We tried to have fairly regular playdates several times a month with friends. That was about it. She did fine in 3 year old preschool.

This sounds pretty close to what we've been doing, so it's reassuring the transition to preschool went well at 3! Thanks! :)
  • Options

We do lots of play dates, meeting up w/ friends w/o kids (he's happy to socialize w/ adults!), going to the Y childcare, childcare at church

Don't know if it's as vital for babies, a lot of that is for me too, but there are some ideas. Have you looked into MOPS? They have childcare for that too.

Also try meetup.com. There are lots of SAHM/nanny groups. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We don't do any classes but we meet up with our friends several times a week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Usually she's around other kids about 4-5 times a week. We do Gymboree once or twice a week and we hang out with friends who have kids usually once a week. And I try to go to the gym about three times a week, so she sees other kids in gym daycare.

Lately it's been a lot less because she was sick.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"