Austin Babies

tv watching question

Not trying to start anything.  I was just wondering...Do you count watching a video on the computer at tv time?  For example--watching Elmo sing "Elmo's Song" on sesame street dot org. 

Just curious.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: tv watching question

• Yeah I would say it's the same thing. You don't have to call it "tv" - "screen time" would probably be a better fit.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageRach03k:
    Yeah I would say it's the same thing. You don't have to call it "tv" - "screen time" would probably be a better fit.

thanks.  good call.

• imageRach03k:
    Yeah I would say it's the same thing. You don't have to call it "tv" - "screen time" would probably be a better fit.

Yep, we call it screen time and it includes computers, iphone/ipad, DVD's, and tv. 

• imageEmer:

imageRach03k:

Yep, we call it screen time and it includes computers, iphone/ipad, DVD's, and tv. 

I would call that tv time. I distinguish a little in my head between Kate playing a game on the ipad and watching a tv show (on whatever device) because she is not passively watching a game, KWIM? that may be because she's only watched tv when she was really sick though. at any rate we try to limit all screen time, though I'm fighting a losing battle over the ipad.
  • OK so here is a question then regarding "screen time" -

We have a Blu Ray player. It has Pandora Radio on it. We have it on during the day - we both work from home and also take care of M. So the TV screen is on, but all that is on it is an album cover with a song/album title. Nothing else. Nothing moving, etc. I know M sees it while we are playing with her etc. Does this count? 

• imageChandley:

OK so here is a question then regarding "screen time" -

We have a Blu Ray player. It has Pandora Radio on it. We have it on during the day - we both work from home and also take care of M. So the TV screen is on, but all that is on it is an album cover with a song/album title. Nothing else. Nothing moving, etc. I know M sees it while we are playing with her etc. Does this count? 

I don't think so.  I read the AAP's statement on TV and I think they are more talking about programs geared towards children that try to get them hooked on something or try to sell something to them.  They are also concerned about TV time taking the place of facetime with parents, and I don't think that's what's happening with your pandora. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"