Attachment Parenting

felt bad today, re: BWing (vent sort of)

So i've learned to get LO on my back using the Ergo - he's very happy and content there!

Well today i went grocery shopping, and decided i'd try to put LO on my back instead of in front, so shopping would be a little easier.

Well he had fallen asleep in the car, so he was a little ticked off at me when i woke him up to get him in the Ergo.

I opened my hatch back and sat in the trunk to get LO on my back, and he started to cry... i was just about to move him back to the front (since he was upset) when a man walked by and gave me this terrible look like i was hurting him or something, and tried to offer help. I told him "no thanks, we've got this" as i proceeded to move him to my front (where he was happy as could be and went right back to sleep) but for a second there he made me feel like a bad momma!

:-(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: felt bad today, re: BWing (vent sort of)

• You in no way are a bad Momma.  People are always going to have something to say and want to put their 2 cents in.  Just now that you are doing what is best for you and your child, so what others think doesn't matter.
    imageimage
  • Yep.  People often have opinions about things they know nothing about.  I often commute on the Metro to/from daycare/work with my DD  ('cause they are in the same building).  Sometimes I wear her on my back and sometimes I wear her on the front.  One day she was fussing because she wanted to swtich from the back to the front.  A man looked at me in an alarmed way and warned me, "'I think she wants to get out of that thing!"

I thought, "Pipe down, crazy man." and calmly switched positions.  Did he really think that babies in strollers never fuss? Sheesh!

• Loading the player...
  • That stinks.  I had the exact opposite.  I was trying to wrap R in a nursing position and he was screaming.  This man asked if I needed help, I said no, and he replied with "I understand, I've got 2 little ones myself."  And moved on.  :o)  It was a sweet gesture that didn't cross any boundaries.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"