Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

BJ City Mini--wheels

We saw the City Mini today and loved everything about it except the wheels.  DH is concerned that they will not last.  We will not be "off-roading" in the stroller, but will be taking it for frequent walks around our neighborhood with some bumpy side walks.

So, if you have this stroller, how are the wheels holding up?  Has anyone had to replace the wheels?  How much did replacement wheels cost?

TIA!

Re: BJ City Mini--wheels

• Options
    i've had to replace a wheel once on ours. it got squeaky for some reason and drove me crazy. i called their customer service and they sent one to me overnight, free of charge!
  • Options
    We replaced all the wheels on a used one we bought and it was $55 for all 3 wheels.  I'm not positive how much the used stroller we bought had been used, but the wheels still worked fine they just looked like they had been used for awhile and my husband wanted new ones.  Now the stroller looks brand new!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The wheels are made of EVA which is a lightweight plastic which are great for smooth pavement or light terrain.  BJ stands behind their products and will replace anything free of charge within the first year.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options

You definitely won't be doing any off-roading in the City Mini.  The wheels aren't built for it.  Better get a Jeep Wrangler if that's what you're looking to do.

Or you could get the City Elite... That's one step up from the City Mini.  You can take that off-road since it has the heavy duty tires.  No running though.  The only difference between in the CM and the CE is the weight.  The CE is going to be a bit heavier.  

GL

• Options

imagegogoamy:
    i've had to replace a wheel once on ours. it got squeaky for some reason and drove me crazy. i called their customer service and they sent one to me overnight, free of charge!

We rented one that was at least two years old when we were at DisneyWorld. I'm sure the stroller got a TON of use from being a rental, but we experienced a squeaky front wheel. There were no other issues with the stroller and I'm not even sure that a little WD-40 isn't all it would have taken to fix it. It seemed like a superficial problem, anyway. We enjoyed the stroller so much on our trip that we bought one and replaced our other single stroller shortly after our trip. I'm very happy with it.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"