Georgia Babies
Options

Daycare Recs in Midtown

Hello Ladies,

My husband and I are in the process of scouting out day cares in the Midtown area for an infant in Sept.  We would love any recommendations that you may have.

TIA!!

Re: Daycare Recs in Midtown

• Options

Sorry I'm not a ton of help (I ended up hiring a nanny), but I did look into some.  For an infant you need to be on the waitlist now.  I have a 19 month old and I'm still on the waitlist at some of the ones I put myself on while pregnant (not joking).  I toured and liked the primose school in midtown.  I didn't get on the wait list to the Suzuki school, but have a friend who did and loves it.  All saints is also supposed to be good, but has a waitlist.  You may want to double check that you or your husband's companies don't offer a daycare.  My husband got a job at Georgia Pacific and they had one onsite that was great and much easier to get into.  There are a few other church ones, but they are a little further out.  It was really tough to get a spot and all of them were pretty expensive so I ended up going the nanny route for now.  The good thing about midtown is there are lots of college students looking for a job. 

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

We go to Sheltering Arms Model Teaching Center but they have several locations if you check their website.  Primrose Midtown, Bright Horizon's has several locations as well around downtown/midtown, Fio360, Haygood, Frazer Center, Kidazzle, Kids Kondo, Peachtree Childtown, Posh Tots, Suzuki Center, Child Development Center of Central Pres

Like the PP said, which ever center you decide to take a look at, get on a waiting list immediately.  We are not joking.  I was on several for over 2 years and I got on them when I was 13 weeks pregnant.

Email me if you have any other questions!  kenzid at gmail dot com

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We just got our spot at Primrose and we got on the list when I was 7 weeks pregnant.  (He's 3 months old now.)  Also, the Atlanta First Day School still had one spot open for March when we looked.  They just opened in August so probably have a much shorter wait list.  I want to say tuition was around $1150/month.  We really liked them but loved Primrose.  Still, I would have been perfectly happy using Atlanta First.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you ladies!!  This is so helpful...I guess we better get on some lists ASAP!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"