Multiples

How many of you use BUMPERS

I know we are not supposed to and all ... but how many of you still use them ?

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/

Re: How many of you use BUMPERS

• We have them on.  Once we stop swaddling we'll put breathable ones on.
  • We used Breathable Bumpers.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Was going to get the breathables, but never did. We have nothing on the cribs right now.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We always used breathable ones.

• We use breatheable bumpers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • we have used breathable bumpers for all 3 boys - the whole time.  I see no need for regular bumpers- esp with the risks of SIDS and also them using to climb out.
  • 1 of mine has breathable bumpers. The other has nothing. So far we only had 1 kid getting limbs stuck in slats. 
  • We use bumpers, ours are 6 small sections and I left off the side that faces out so there is only 4 on there. Ours are thin and the kids don't gain any height when stood on so they are still in their beds.
    Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We have them, but I'll be honest it's more cause they look pretty than anything else. They aren't sleeping in their cribs a ton right now, I think I would be easier w/o the bumpers if they were b/c I could see them w/o going in the room. I'm sure they'll be great once the kids start moving though so they don't bump their heads or get their arms/legs stuck.
  • We did not use any until they started moving around.  Once they could stick their limbs through the slats we put up breathable and they are fine.  I would rather them be safe than use something that looks pretty.
    Photobucket
  • I use regular bumpers, I always have with all my kids. If I don't use them someone always gets a limb stuck in between the slats.
    Mom to six awesome kids - Levi is 12, Landen is 8, Gabrielle is 6, Lucas is 3, and Oliver and Samuel are 2 years old. Love my crew. Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We use the breathable after DD for her leg trapped in crib slats and it turned blue and she could nto walk for several hours.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • We use them.  I figure they will come off when they start pulling up and wanting to use them as a step.  For now, they hardly move in their sleep, they look nice, and we have Angelcare monitors, so it's a calculated risk we're willing to take. 
  • I had them on when they girls were sleeping swaddled.

After we stopped swaddling, I took them off as the girls learned to roll over, etc.

I put them back on again around 7 months when they started getting limbs stuck.

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageGoldie_Locks_5:
    we have used breathable bumpers for all 3 boys - the whole time.  I see no need for regular bumpers- esp with the risks of SIDS and also them using to climb out.

Ditto this.. have the breathable bumpers on the cribs already..just waiting for the babies :) We got ours from target.com, I couldnt find any in stores.

Spontaneous ID Twin Girls - born 38w 2d Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We never used regular bumpers (I have them that came w/ their set but never used them) we use Breathable bumpers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"