Multiples
Options

Happiest Toddler on the Block??

Would anyone recommend this? I will have a 20 month old when my twins come. I was thinking about buying it now to get a head start on things.

Do you think it is a waist of money/time?

https://www.happiestbaby.com/learn-about-your-baby-toddler/the-happiest-toddler-on-the-block/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image   and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Happiest Toddler on the Block??

• Options

We have the book, and I do think it is worth reading (or at least skimming) because he gives very good insight into what the toddler mind is like.  It makes it much easier to understand why toddlers behave the way they do, and it does give some good advice for how to manage them.  Some of his suggestions, though, seem a little strange.  The way he suggests you talk to your toddler when they're having a tantrum is a bit odd, and I did try it but it did not work with my girls.  I also felt like his plan was a little more complicated than it needed to be--I felt like there were a lot of steps and different approaches to specific situations.  I almost felt like I had to take notes to make sure I remembered everything. 

I am reading 1-2-3 Magic right now and I find that one to be much more practical, focused, and easy to use.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    imageparsleyqueen:

We have the book, and I do think it is worth reading (or at least skimming) because he gives very good insight into what the toddler mind is like.  It makes it much easier to understand why toddlers behave the way they do, and it does give some good advice for how to manage them.  Some of his suggestions, though, seem a little strange.  The way he suggests you talk to your toddler when they're having a tantrum is a bit odd, and I did try it but it did not work with my girls.  I also felt like his plan was a little more complicated than it needed to be--I felt like there were a lot of steps and different approaches to specific situations.  I almost felt like I had to take notes to make sure I remembered everything. 

I am reading 1-2-3 Magic right now and I find that one to be much more practical, focused, and easy to use.

Thanks, maybe I will flip through both books before purchasing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image   and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"