September 2011 Moms
Options

Pregnancy Splurges (Foods)

Okay, inspired by the wonderful mac'n'cheese post, what foods have you indulged in or what have you had to run to the store/restaurant/pantry to eat?

For me, it's been:

Kraft mac'n'cheese or easy mac

Pancake & Sausage breakfast corn dogs

Chocolate Milk

Mozzarella Sticks

Chicken Sandwiches

Sunny Delight

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

Salt & Vinegar Chips

Chips & Guacamole/Bean Dip

Currently, I'd really love a large glass of chilled Root Beer :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pregnancy Splurges (Foods)

• Options
    Not much sounds good because ive been so sick... But holy hell a real coke from McDonalds (for some reason McDonalds has THE best coke products!!) is the best thing EVER. I haven't had a regular coke in probably 20 years.. Only drink diet. But no diet or artificial sweeteners during pregnancy so regular it is! Plus it calms my stomach much better than ginger ale . Its my pregnancy crack.
  • Options

imageTraycee1242:
    Not much sounds good because ive been so sick... But holy hell a real coke from McDonalds (for some reason McDonalds has THE best coke products!!) is the best thing EVER. I haven't had a regular coke in probably 20 years.. Only drink diet. But no diet or artificial sweeteners during pregnancy so regular it is! Plus it calms my stomach much better than ginger ale . Its my pregnancy crack.

I had a cherry coke the other day and felt guilty about it, until I realized how happy it made me!!  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I could go for one of all of those. Our grocery store had a "buy Keebler cookies, get store brand free" deal yesterday, so I came home with 2 boxes of chocolate chip cookies. Then, the Girl Scouts were outside WalMart today, so...we have a lot of cookies in the house when normally there are none.
    imageimageimage
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageExpectantSteelerFan:
    I had been eating really well before pregnancy and trying (in vain) to lose weight, so my splurges have been carbs that I didn't eat before...an entire white bagel, a pb and j on white bread, an english muffin.  I've also been eating Kraft mac and cheese and spaghettios.  The only junk food I've wanted are Welch's fruit snacks (they have big bags in the Target $ spot and I eat an entire bag at once.  I bought 5 and I'm not allowing myself to buy any more until I'm in 2nd tri at least!

Both of these!!! I've been eating cans of spaghettios like they're soup and I love target's fruit snacks.. so good. 

• Options

Just ate french fries with melted mozzarella dipped in gravy from the diner.  Now that was a splurge so worth it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I feel so guilty because I am a chef but I am loving processed food these days.

Mac and cheese, for sure
    Grapes (thank goodness for 1 healthy thing)
    Jalapeno poppers
    Lasagna
    Fritos

and now I want Salt and vinegar chips and pancake sausage corn dogs, what? Yummy!!

BabyName Ticker
    my read shelf:
    Summer Rae Garcia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

Thank you for helping me make my shopping list for the week! haha

I allergic to dairy products but have been craving them so bad. Luckily, I haven't experienced any reactions. I'm indulging in cheeseburgers, laughing cow wedges, lots of bagels with cream cheese, a couple milkshakes (trying not to have too many), macadamia nuts, carrot zucchini bread... lots of carbs and cheeses, I guess. :) It's been wonderful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I haven't had a lot yet ... as I am just getting out of the throwing-up-everything stage.  That said, a couple:

• Pickles
    • McDonalds Shamrock shakes
  • Options
    I've had a couple too:

Penne ala vodka
    Corned beef & Pastrami sandwich on whole wheat toast
    Pizza
    And lately vanilla bean ice cream on a sugar cone with a sprinkle of cinnamon. I
  • Options

anything with peanut butter on it

chicken salad

chickfila chicken biscuit - oh, crap, tomorrow's sunday!

• Options

Cheese-related: fondue (can't pronounce what kind it was . . . from the Swiss Chalet in Vail lol), mac n' cheese, asiago cheese with crackers, grilled cheese and tomato soup, broccoli dipped in cheese, spinach artichoke dip

Chips-related: Cape Cod sea salt & vinegar chips (yum!), kettle brand chips--cracked pepper and salt kind (also yum), Sun Chips harvest cheddar

Salmon-related: fish tacos, fish pita pockets (with avocado and tomatoes), fish sandwich, fish over a bed of cajun-cooked rice

Asian-related: panang curry, shrimp fried rice, cream cheese wontons (delicious)

Fruit-related: pineapple (makes my mouth water as I type this), grapes, cantaloupe, orange juice

Those are my five food groups right now, and chips are the main staple of the pyramid.

• Options

Tons of bagels and cream cheese

Just discovered the Shamrock shake, thanks ladies. :)  I had not been to McDonalds in years (other than for the oatmeal that was also recommended on this board), and it was so worth the trip!

Jelly sticks ... Yum!

It's so funny because I had no morning sickness with my son and ate really healthy, and I hate to admit that I may have been a little bit judgmental about what some of my pregnant friends ate ... yikes.  And now I totally get it.  I'm definitely that girl who is at the Dunkin Donuts drive thru in a blink of an eye if the urge for a muffin strikes.  Serves me right. :)

• Options

Strawberry milkshakes.  

Sonic Cherry Limeades. 

I think I could have either one for every meal of the day!

• Options
    I've been eating alot of kraft dinner, chocolate milk, fruit loops and skittles.... These are ALL things I rarely ever had before.... I'm craving lays salt and vinegar chips.... I will give in some day, just not yet.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image
  • Options

For me, it's:

Grilled cheese sandwiches

Girl Scout cookies 

Milano cookies

I tried eating salt & vinegar chips the other day, because it's something i used to eat once in a long while, but it just tasted horrible! 

imageimageimage
  • Options

Pizza! with pepperoni, mushrooms, green pepper, onions, black olives, and  banana peppers x2! You would think since I'm a pizza chef and make it all day every day I wouldn't want it.

those new peanut butter snickers (so good you'll punch your mom in the face!)

chocolate cake (I can take it or leave it when it comes to chocolate any other time in my life but I'd knock somebody over for a slice)

Warm apple pie with coolwhip 

anything chicken

tortillas chips heated up in the microwave with honey roasted peanut butter as a dip and a tall glass of cold milk

I'm pretty sure it's a girl with all the sweets I like.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"