San Diego Babies
Options

sharing a room at kaiser vandeveer?!

Hi Ladies,

I delivered at Scripps La Jolla last time and LOVED it. This time my insurance has switched and I have to go with Kaiser. I just heard that you have to SHARE PP roomsIndifferent Does anyone know if this is true? Do they offer a L&D tour? TIA

Re: sharing a room at kaiser vandeveer?!

• Options
    I heard they have shared PP rooms.  I have Kaiser but delivered at Palomar and didn't have to share.  Call them and ask them if you can pay extra to get a private room.  You might also get lucky and not need to share.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I will be delivering at Kaiser Zion and didnt have my other kids there. I have a hospital tour set up next week. So I will let you know!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks! I didn't think they did hospital tours. The NMW I asked said they have a "virtual tour" online and that's it. How did you schedule? Thanks!
  • Options

It used to be that you shared a pp room but now they have new private rooms so you shouldn't have to worry about sharing unless they are extremely busy the day you deliver and they run out of rooms. That is what happened to me when I delivered there is Sept 2010. I was so excited when they told me in pregnancy classes that they now have single rooms but then the day I delivered they were soooo crowded I still ended up sharing a room. So good luck!!! Hope this helpedBig Smileimage

• Options
    I delivered at Zion with my DD, nothing even close to a private room. They will not have private rooms until 2012. I am 5 weeks now and will probably go to Palomar because they have private rooms. My nurses sucked at Zion anyhow. 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I think it's worth a switch to Palomar...I'm going to try talking to my MW about it at next apt. Hopefully I wont have to go all the way to palomar for prenatal appointments. BTW melvolvom--you're little girl is so cute! Love that pic:)
  • Options

imagemelvolcom:
    I delivered at Zion with my DD, nothing even close to a private room. They will not have private rooms until 2012. I am 5 weeks now and will probably go to Palomar because they have private rooms. My nurses sucked at Zion anyhow. 

This is no longer the case. The rooms are now updated and private... I delivered there last July. I had a great experience with all staff there.

• Options
    I had my baby in Oct 2010 and loved every min of being there. I didnt have to share a room. 
  • Options
    imagekegallagh:

imagemelvolcom:

This is no longer the case. The rooms are now updated and private... I delivered there last July. I had a great experience with all staff there.

Same here.  I had a private room for both L&D and post-partum.  The only room I "shared" was the recovery room after my c-section.  I was in there for about 45 minutes while my room was getting prepped.

All the staff at Zion were amazing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You call 619.641.4194 and give them your MR # and they can schedule you. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"