Washington Babies
Options

Just got dismissed from my job.. NBR

I guess I will be job hunting for the next few weeks, as I am done April 1st. 

I hope people are willing to hire me.. and not think I will be a problem because I am pregnant. Sigh.

Kinda sucks that DH was laid off in December.  

image image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Just got dismissed from my job.. NBR

• Options
    That has to be stressful.  Wasn't your employer just all excited about your pregnancy, when you told her? 
    Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that. :( Good luck with your job search.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That sucks! I am so sorry. I hope your job search is a short one.
    Dawn - Wife of Brian 09/25/2005 - Mother of Eli Jace 03/12/2007 and Kai Evan 10/17/08

• Options
    Contact a lawyer. You can't fire someone for being pregnant. What does your DH do? Does he have any prospects? I'm sorry you are getting shafted. That's really heinously mean of your employers.
  • Options

Not to be all up in your business but why did they let you go? Sounded like you had a good thing going there.

Sorry!!! Hope you find something soon 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. I was laid off at 11 weeks pregnant. I cried so hard that day. I hope everything works out and that you find something better for you. ((hugs)). Good luck.
  • Options

imageMrsH_08:
    That has to be stressful.  Wasn't your employer just all excited about your pregnancy, when you told her? 

This is my question as well. Did they give you a reason for dismissal? I'm sorry to hear this news! I hope that you are able to find something soon!

photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I have quite the headache from crying, and really am sad that I have to go. I love the little guy that I watch, and hate that I probably wont see him again. 

Everything was great when I told the first family. The issue was when the second mom was told, who would have her child starting in April. She does not feel that I can give her needy child the attention he needs, while being pregnant. (He was six weeks early, and has reflux. Also, he has been very coddled, and fussed over so he is quite the handful when he is upset) As well as, she does not want to have to introduce someone new to him while I need six weeks or so off after the baby is born. They felt that it would be best to hire someone new before the second baby is to start. 

I totally agree with what they are saying, as I know they just want what is best for their children.

It just really sucks that I am out of a job. At least I have a solid length of time to pick up extra date night sittings, and look for a new job before I am totally done there. They said to expect two weeks severance pay with my last check, which will get us by until I can working something out.

Dh was laid off in Dec from his bakery job. So far, after applying to a good couple hundred jobs, he has not even gotten a bite. Part of me wonders if we will be staying in Seattle.. or will be moving to where we can at least get some sort of job.

Sigh. 

image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

That just really sucks. There's no other way to describe it!

My DH was laid off almost a year ago, and finally got a job in December. He applied to anything and everything, hoping to get a bite. Of the several hundered applications/resumes/cover letters/phone calls he sent out or made, he only got 3 interviews. Luckily, he finally found a great fit.

I hope you both find something really soon. There is nothing more stressful than having a LO and not being sure if you are going to be able to make ends meet!

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Options

Man, that just sucks.  I remember you saying how excited they were!  :(  If it helps at all, a good friend of mine was hired on to her last two jobs (high-level management in large corporations) while prego (both pregnancies!).  Neither corporations blinked an eye that she was pregnant and needed 3 months off within a few months of starting. 

Where are you located?  Are you willing to babysit on occasion for fellow bumpies?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I live in Northgate right now, and would TOTALLY help out any bumpie in need of some extra care!
    image image
  • Options
    I'm so sorry.  I hope you are able to find something new very soon!
  • Options

So sorry :o(
    That totally blows and I really hope you find something soon. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"