1st Trimester

BFP after 15 DPO?

Hi. I'm visiting from the TTGP board. Has anyone had BFN's pass 15 DPO and still ended up pregnant? AF was due 2 days ago and I'm always on time. I actually felt like I was getting my period for a few days but now those feelings have passed. Other than feeling a little dizzy and mild cramping, I have no pregnancy symptoms. I'm wondering (and hoping) I'm pregnant and maybe I ?don't have enough hcg yet to be picked up on a test? Has this happened to anyone? Sorry! I know you're all sick of these questions. The waiting game sucks! I appreciate your feedback.?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: BFP after 15 DPO?

• Are you SURE of when you ovulated/when your period was due?

If you're certain, it's pretty unlikely that you're pg this cycle. By the time you actually miss a period, you should definitely get a bfp.

But maybe you ovulated late and still have a shot! 

• How do you know you're 15 DPO, are you temping/charting?  
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• Loading the player...
  • Just because you are regular does not mean that you ovulate precisely on day 14.  Some women have shorter LP, which means that in reality, you could really be 10ish DPO, which means not enough HCG to be detected by many tests.  What type of test are you taking?  Some brands are more sensative than others. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

"God is faithful, and he will not let you be tested beyond your strength, but with the testing he will also provide the way out so that you may be able to endure it" 1 Corinthians 10:13
  • HPTs are usually 99% accurate from the first day of your missed period, so if you know when you ovulated and you know how long your LP is, then you should get a +HPT if you are pregnant.  If you are unsure of O day and your LP, then wait a few days and test again.
  • I got a negative at 13 DPO, and assumed it was correct so I didnt test again until AF still didnt show.  I got a positive at 16 DPO but since I didnt test in between I'm sorry I cant be more specific for you.
  • I got a negative at 16dpo and a positive 17dpo

• Thank you for your responses. I was tracking just my CM and using OPK's. Next month I will be incorporating temps since I just finished TCOYF and now know that temps can tell me so much more (I'm very new to this). Once my CM dried up, I assumed I O'd, so that's where I got the 15 DPO from plus the OPK was positive a day before this. I used clearblue digital test. I guess I'll just wait it out and if AF doesn't show I'll test again in a few days. I def learned my lesson about not temp this cycle! Btw- Sharon, your daughter is adorable!
  • imageiluvmylab:
    HPTs are usually 99% accurate from the first day of your missed period, so if you know when you ovulated and you know how long your LP is, then you should get a +HPT if you are pregnant.  If you are unsure of O day and your LP, then wait a few days and test again.
    You see, I got a negative the first day of my missed period.
  • imageslmayer1981:
    Thank you for your responses. I was tracking just my CM and using OPK's. Next month I will be incorporating temps since I just finished TCOYF and now know that temps can tell me so much more (I'm very new to this). Once my CM dried up, I assumed I O'd, so that's where I got the 15 DPO from plus the OPK was positive a day before this. I used clearblue digital test. I guess I'll just wait it out and if AF doesn't show I'll test again in a few days. I def learned my lesson about not temp this cycle! Btw- Sharon, your daughter is adorable!

Thanks! :)

• With the ectopic pregnancy that I had in May I got a negative at 17dpo and a positive at 18dpo. I wasn't charting so I am just assuming these days with a 14 day ovulation. When I was tracking, I usually O'd at cd14. 

The numbers were very low and not doubling appropriately - hence the ectopic. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

In my bag: Nikon D90; 35mm 1.8, 90mm 2.8 macro (my fave), Lensbaby Composer with macro extensions. BFP after 13 cycles and one ectopic. Lost left tube 5/19/10.
  • I know EXACTLY how you feel. Just went through the same thing...BFN's until 15 dpiui, then gave up for a few days waiting for AF who never showed up, POAS again on day 20 piui and BFP. Beta hcg was also positive at 116, but then two days later my second beta was 56 :( I apparently had a late implantation which is linked with early m/c. GL to you
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker TTC since 1/10 DX PCOS Early 2010: 3 rounds of Clomid 50mg, 100mg, & 150mg. responded to first cycle, but all BFN summer 2010: break 10/10: 100 mg Clomid cancelled due to no response 11/10: RE consult: begin Metformin 1500 mg + I month BCPs 12/10: 100 mg Clomid + Hcg + TI + progesterone = BFN 1/11: 5 mg Femera + Hcg + IUI + progesterone = BFP!!! 2/21/11: beta # 1 116 2/23: beta # 2 57 =2/25 m/c 3/2011: break cycle 3/30/11: surprise BFP! beta #1 =36 beta #2 4/1/11= 87 beta #3 4/5/11= 701 4/20/11: US hb found @ 6w2d
  • I wasn't charting because I had just gotten off bcp, was giving it a few cycles to normalize.  I tested with a generic drug store test the day I expected my period (on a 30 day cycle) BFN, waited four days for AF to show up, tested again and got my BFP.  Not sure if that will help, but I thought for sure after the negative on the day of my missed period meant it wasn't gonna happen.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"