Illinois Babies
Options

NBR: Need some fun ideas

I am bringing my DH to Chicago for his birthday to see a Cubs game because he is a huge fan.  We have been to Chicago several times and have done the usual tourist things like Shedd Aquarium, The Field Museum, and Sears Tower.  I am looking for some "insider" fun ideas that aren't so touristy for fun weekend getaway.  TIA!

Re: NBR: Need some fun ideas

• Options

have you done the architectural tour? its my favorite thing to do / bring people on. 

also, they do do wrigley field tours on game off-days and sometimes in the morning if its a night game which he may love being a big fan. just google wrigley tours and the correct website should come up.

• Options

Thanks a bunch!  I looked it up and will be doing it.  So, the boat one is the best vs. the bus/walking tours?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree about the boat tour. It's great because you get the history of the city and go on the river through the locks and onto the lake.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Grab a cocktail at the top of the Hancock Center. You have to pay to go to the observatory but the view is just as good from the lounge, where you can relax and enjoy a cocktail.
  • Options
    check to see if there are any street festivals going on that weekend.  Street fests are about as Chicago as you can get Smile
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"