Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

HCG levels?

How long after D&C did it take your HCG levels to get back to zero?  I had a d&c 5 weeks ago I was 8 weeks pg and the baby stopped growing at 6w2d. My doctor never checked my levels so I have no idea what they even were or are.  Thanks!

Re: HCG levels?

• Options
    I want to say maybe 5 or 6 weeks? Thats how long it took to get a period again, so i'm guessing thats about how long it took to get the hcg out of they system. Sorry for your loss~
    M/C #1 BFP 5/26/08, missed m/c discovered 9w1d (blighted ovum) M/C #2 BFP 11/19/08, missed m/c discovered at 12w1d (triploidy) BFP!! 3/27 Due date 12/5/09 Benjamin Tate is here! Born 12-1-09, 9lbs 5oz, 22" via C-Section M/C #3: d/x ectopic, methotrexate given 2/11 BFP!! 7/12, due 3-21-12
  • Options

Some docs to b/w to follow the level down, but I won't have that until 4 weeks post-D&C.  I still had a + hpt this morning, but the line is getting more faint. I'm 2 weeks out now.

dx: PCOS
    Clomid + Met = BFP#1 12/27/10, missed MC discovered 2/9/11, d&c 2/11/11, 10w3d
    Natural cycle (just Met) = BFP#2 6/3/11, Baby A arrived 2/16/12
    <a href="http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i390/tlneff0108/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am really curious to know the same thing.  I didn't have a D&C, but my MC just occured three nights ago.  I go for my follow up appt on Thursday to see if I expelled everything on my own.  I really hope I did because I really want to start trying to get pregnant again soon.  It is so confusing because everywhere I look there are so many contradictory messages.  Thankfully, my doctor did require I get my HCG level checked.  Hopefully, I will find that they are close to being back to normal.  I think maybe you should call the doctor's office and ask them to order the bloodwork for you, so you can have peace of mind.  A friend of mine had a couple of MCs last year, and she was always really pushy (in a nice way), so she always got what she wanted.  I think I might try the same route simply to have peace of mind.  Good luck to you in the future. 
    Josh & Corrie Married 9/11/10 BFP #1 1/25/11 EDD 9/29/11 MMC 2/13/11 (7w2d) Natural MC 2/25/11 (9w1d)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"