D.C. Area Babies
Options

Replace Breast pump parts?

I'm trying to get things together for baby #2 and make a list of things to buy.  I know I need to replace the tubing to the breast pump (I have the Medela Free Style) but what about all the other parts?  I have three sets of parts for pumping to make things easier for pumping at work.  I was very dilligent about using the medela steam clean bags daily and weekly sanitizing them in the dishwasher with #1 so the parts are all in great condition.    
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Replace Breast pump parts?

• Options
    I would reuse..I mean they have only been used by you right?  I would sanitize and not worry about it....
  • Options
    You may need new membranes (the little white discs), but other than that, I'd reuse the same parts.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The only thing I had to buy new with kid #2 was larger flanges, because my boobs were bigger than with kid #1.  I went from the 24 size to the 27 size.  I'm using those same ones with kid #3, as well as all the other parts.  You should be fine.
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options
    I'm replacing the tubing this time since I remember having condensation problems last time.  I'll also replace the membranes as I've read that they can lose "suction" somehow over time.  Everything else should be fine once sterilized again!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i didn't replace anything - just resterilized them.  no issues,
  • Options
    Thanks...saves me lots of $$! :)
  • Options
    S/O tubing, where do you buy new tubes?  I bought new flanges/membranes, etc. but the replacement set didin't come with tubing and I can't seem to find it anywhere.
  • Options

imageladywalton:
    S/O tubing, where do you buy new tubes?  I bought new flanges/membranes, etc. but the replacement set didin't come with tubing and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I bought mine from Medela directly, but I think you can get it on amazon too. The thing with Medela's site is they make you check a box that the pump isn't being used by more than one person blah blah. I just checked it and move on. Wink

https://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/store/354/pump-in-style-advanced-the-metro-bag

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagezerf77:

imageladywalton:

I bought mine from Medela directly, but I think you can get it on amazon too. The thing with Medela's site is they make you check a box that the pump isn't being used by more than one person blah blah. I just checked it and move on. Wink

https://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/store/354/pump-in-style-advanced-the-metro-bag

I just ordered mine from Amazon.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you need it immediately (my dog ate my tubing), Fairfax hospitals' breastfeeding center sells them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"