Rhode Island Babies
Options

Best Midwife in Providence?

I am changing from a Dr. in Massachusetts and really want to see a midwife associated with the W&I birthing center.  I met with a couple but did not really click with them.  I really want someone that is down to earth, caring, comforting and knowledgeable.  I am thinking of trying someone at Center for OBgyn b/c I like the fact that it is all women, including the doctors (in case I need to see one & for the delivery).  But still not sure which midwife there to see and want to know others opinions on those there or somewhere else that they really liked.  I hope that I can see one in particular and not see a different one every time.  I am leaning toward trying a natural birth, but am scared about the experience either way and really need someone who is caring, comforting and supportive.  Thank you for any input!!!

Re: Best Midwife in Providence?

• Options
    I go to the Center for OBGYN and at my last appt saw a midwife, Marina, as my doc was on vacation.  I hate to give negative reviews, but I was not a fan.  She was nice and all at first, but then told me that I was measuring behind/ my fluids may be low and I needed an ultrasound right away.  US was fine, but the way she handled it made me incredibly uneasy- told me I didn't even have time to call my husband.  She basically made me freak out about something, when she could have told me the same info but made me somewhat calm.  So, I love the practice and would recommend it, but I would not recommend Marina, based on my one experience.
  • Options
    I go to Center for OBGYN and have seen Jennifer a few times. She is really nice and actually has been easier to get an appt with than my doc, which is awesome when you have to go every week! I am also hoping for a VBAC, she seemed cooler with it than the docs did. The practice is awesome, btw. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I would highly recommend seeing Kirsten from center for obgyn. I have been seeing her for yrs now she?s great !!  Normally you see one midwife ,toward the end of my pregnancy I saw Jennifer a few time because Kirsten was pregnant nearing her due date as well. Jennifer also delivered my son she?s great also.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"