Postpartum Depression
Options

Zoloft users-- a question?

How did you feel after a couple days of being on Zoloft? I know it effects people differently, but I am curious. I am on day 3 and am sleepy, and probably completely over analyzing how I feel, or what I don't feel.

Last May, at 36 weeks pregnant, my grandmother died. The day we brought home DS2, I found out my mother had stage 4 cancer. Mom passed away a few days after Christmas, and it's feels like I'm just floating from one activity to the next. There's always a diaper that needs to be changed, laundry to be done, etc., to avoid facing this empty pit in my stomach. I felt so hopeless and even worse when I knew that no matter what I do, I can not keep my sons from feeling this too one day when I'm gone.

I started taking the Zoloft 3 days ago and I can't say it's suddenly puppies and rainbows, but I don't feel this overwhelming tsunami when I think about my mom. It feels weird. I keep thinking about the details of her death, but don't feel the grief like I felt before.

Anyone have any experiences they would share? 

Re: Zoloft users-- a question?

• Options
    I did not have any relief a few days after. It took me 4-6 weeks to feel it working. I am still pregnant and they had to up my dose so it took double that time to work. I was having severe depression and anxiety. I had been on Effexor Xr before the pregnancy and when I first took it like 6 years ago it started working immediately. The first day I took it I felt foggy and kind of emotionless. That went away after a while but it definitely worked as well.
  • Options
    I'm on day 3 as well and feel about the same.  I'm slower than normal but I definitely have more patience with the kids.  I've heard that most of the side effects get better after 2 wks so I'm hoping the sluggish feeling will go away, otherwise it's going to be a long 6 mo.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just posted above.  I just started it on Tuesday night and I am nauseous and I have no appetite.  I also kind of feel shaky.  I am taking xanax to keep my anxiety down while I wait for the Zoloft to kick in.  Hoping for some relief soon.  Xanax has worked wonders for me but I'm looking for something more consistent.
  • Options

I've been on for a about a month now...started at 50 mg, and just doubled this week to 100 mg.  I felt a little better over the first two weeks and it's been increasingly better ever since. This week (week 4),  I feel like I have started getting glimpses of the "old me" again...and not the stranger in my head, if that makes any sense!

I've heard it takes 4-6 weeks to really start feeling the effects and my psychiatrist said to plan for complete recovery in 4-6 months.  So be patient with yourself and take one day at a time - you'll get a little better every day and in no time, will feel like a completely different person.

You've been through so much...hugs to you and wishing you a speedy recovery!  xo

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"