Washington Babies

Re: FFFC

• Options
    My mom brought us Starbucks yesterday, including a few mini-doughnuts. We had two left last night and I told DH he could take one in his lunch. Looks like he forgot it this morning. I fully intend to eat both at some point today. It would be too dried out by tonight, right?
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Options

I cannot make myself wean DD and I know I need to b/c I am done and it's still a problem at night (which is my own fault - DH travels a ton and I just want to get as much sleep as I can so often just give in) and I'm just sooooo tiiiiired. I have tried CIO and holding her and she is just the most stubborn and LOUD child. The whole thing is just exhausting. I think there's just still a part of me that doesn't want to (obviously since we're still nursing) and just hoping she'll stop on her own. I have to do the hardwork of parenting on this and I can't even follow the own advice I would give someone else if they asked me what to do. Funny thing this motherhood.

I couldn't care less about the Oscars and haven't seen an Oscar nominated movie in years. If I go to a movie I feel like I'm wasting time just sitting there.

I think Greg Copeland on King5 news (from the weekend) is so cute.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yesterday was a good day.  DH got a call from his new employer and his start day is March 1st.  We spoke to our Realtor yesterday as well, and we have a plan.  We should be out of this house within 6 months and I am beyond excited.  I won't go in to details on here about what we are doing though.  Anyway my FFFC is H and I had unprotected sex yesterday in lue  of all the wonderful things.  Now that we have a plan, and will FINALLY have insurance baby #2 could be a possibility now.  I'm pretty certain I already O'd though so it was just for "fun".  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    More of a vent than anything else but this morning I am 6weeks pp and just like effing clockwork AF shows her face.  Complete with cramps, back pain, hungry and bitchiness!  As if lack of sleep wasn't enough! Boo!
    imageimage Brothers! image
  • Options

This one's kind of controversial:

I think Tiger Moms are horrible mothers.

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    imagecinema_goddess:

I'm a ridiculous Type A personality and I TOTALLY agree.  I want my kid to have opportunity and try most everything but most of all i want her to be happy, balanced, kind and respected.

• Options
    I am sooooo happy to be on my way to work right now (don't worry - hubby is driving). 2 days of mostly snow/house-bound with kiddo while trying to keep up on work and still fighting this stupid head cold was exhausting ...FREE-DUM!!
  • Options

I had a mental breakdown last night. I create way to much work for myself and I hate it. DH made my to-do list and says he is going to help me out. We will see if that happens.

I am watching 4 kids today. WTF was I thinking??

I had to google what a Tiger Moms is :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My H wants to cancel our clearwire service since we had to get new phones and have internet access on them. I told him my only stipulation was he had to get it so I could post on here before canceling. I'm posting this from my phone because he spent an hour finding a specific browser that would work. I have baby fever really, really bad. So bad, I'm looking at our calendar to see when would be best to start ttc.
  • Options
    imagesunmountain:

I think Greg Copeland on King5 news (from the weekend) is so cute.

Lol! This is so funny. I know someone else who thinks the same thing... (Justine).

We took our Bradley classes with him and his wife, and their little girl is about 2 weeks older than Ollie. He's a really nice guy. :)

• Options

We bought the house across the street as an income property.  It won't actually make us any income... it was owned by a (literally) crazy lady who tore it up, and we want good neighbors.  I'm hiding this from my family, because it would piss them off to no end that we had that kind of "extra" money (it's not, it's from our retirement) and didn't "help" them with it.  

Every single on of my siblings is constantly borrowing money - to the tune of several tens of thousands - from my mother, who has no retirement because she keeps shelling out.  And yet they are all still in financial stress because they refuse to cut their spending... I've offered my sister a loan in exchange for her going on a budget, and she refused.  So... we are radio silent about the house in any forum/company where they may hear about it.    

I'm going to make an AWESOME big brother.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    imageMaddimom:

I I had to google what a Tiger Moms is :)

Me too!

imageimage Brothers! image
  • Options
    Oops apparently my H used my old email to log into the new browser.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    there is a possibility that i might be pregnant! won't know until next week though. :)
  • Options
    I bought a 4 pack of apple turnovers last night.  Let's just say it's 8am and there are only 1 left and DH hasn't had any!  Opps  Embarrassed
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

imagekristalovesjared:
    there is a possibility that i might be pregnant! won't know until next week though. :)

YesYes

imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • Options

1. I hid the 'pine wreath' bathroom spray at work. It doesn't smell like a pine or a wreath, it smells like old people and Lysol that's been overused. I'd honestly rather smell sewage than that stink. Courtesy flushing does wonders, but really, people have lead fingers when they use it, and my nose can't take it anymore.

2. I still have the decorations up from the reveal party. They're just too pretty and sunny to take down.

Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • Options
    imagecinema_goddess:

I totally agree, but if you haven't, you should read the book. It's more about how you can't raise two children the same way. Her "Tiger Mother" approach doesn't work with daughter #2.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since 2009 with unexplained infertility
    IUI#1-4 Jan.-Apr. 2011 = BFNs
    IVF#1 Aug. 2011 = c/p, FET #1 Nov. 2011 = c/p, FET #2 April 2012 = BFP!
    Beta #1 = 153, Beta #2 = 269, Beta #3 = 675
    1st U/S = TWINS!! EDD 12/29/12
    my blog: Journey to Somewhere
    ~~PAIFW/SAIFW~~
    Photobucket
    April IVF Spring Chicks

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Not a confession.. but why did my siggie pic revert back to one from a year ago???

imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • Options

Dup... effing bump

• Options
    imagetst1998:
    imagecinema_goddess:

I totally agree, but if you haven't, you should read the book. It's more about how you can't raise two children the same way. Her "Tiger Mother" approach doesn't work with daughter #2.

Yeah, but there are a lot of women out there who would cling to the first part of the story and mentally block the last half.  I saw it time and time again growing up and the kids ended up being majorly screwed up. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    imagekristalovesjared:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagekristalovesjared:

me too :)

• Options
    imagecinema_goddess:
    imagetst1998:
    imagecinema_goddess:

Yeah, but there are a lot of women out there who would cling to the first part of the story and mentally block the last half.  I saw it time and time again growing up and the kids ended up being majorly screwed up. 

While I don't want to end up being a total pushover - I want Madelyn and Will to have a strong sense of boundaries  and our value set....I wouldn't have it in me to be a tiger mom.  I want to enjoy my kids too.

• Options
    imagettgcole:

imagekristalovesjared:

Yeah!!! 

• Options
    imagettgcole:

imagekristalovesjared:

YEAH!!!!! Keep us posted girls.  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Hayden is adorable, cute and cuddly and I love her so much.  But she is a pain in the a$$ to hold these days.  She cries for you to pick her up.  Then she pulls your hair, scratches your face and pinches you.  She flops herself all around like she wants to be put down, but then you put her down and she cries to be picked back up.  Is it wrong to NOT want to hold your child????

I also think my kids are conspiring to keep me from sleeping at night.  Last night it was Jillian who hasn't been feeling well with a fever and cough.  The night before it was Hayden who was restless and waking up all night long.  

Jen - Mom to Jillian (10/2008) and Hayden (4/2010)

My Blog

• Options
    imagettgcole:

imagekristalovesjared:

I'm freakin' bringing a box of HPTs to the GTG this weekend and making you guys take them.

Jen - Mom to Jillian (10/2008) and Hayden (4/2010)

My Blog

• Options
    Sometimes I wish I was religious. Specifically, sometimes I wish I was Mormon. There is community in church that is difficult to find or foster in other areas.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagettgcole:

imagekristalovesjared:

Me three.  :)  We had unprotected sex and when I double checked my chart it is right when I'm O'ing.  And since I get pregnant if DH looks at me funny...well, we'll see what happens.  Oops.

• Options
    imageChubbyCheekiesMom:

Yesterday was a good day.  DH got a call from his new employer and his start day is March 1st.  We spoke to our Realtor yesterday as well, and we have a plan.  We should be out of this house within 6 months and I am beyond excited.  I won't go in to details on here about what we are doing though.  Anyway my FFFC is H and I had unprotected sex yesterday in lue  of all the wonderful things.  Now that we have a plan, and will FINALLY have insurance baby #2 could be a possibility now.  I'm pretty certain I already O'd though so it was just for "fun".  

Yes 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic EDD: September 22, 2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagejcyahne:
    imagettgcole:

imagekristalovesjared:

I'm freakin' bringing a box of HPTs to the GTG this weekend and making you guys take them.

• Options
    imagejcyahne:
    imagettgcole:

imagekristalovesjared:

I bought a 3 pack last night at Rite Aid :) 

• Options
    imageMaddimom:
    imagettgcole:

imagekristalovesjared:

YEAH!!!!! Keep us posted girls.  

This! What an awesome few weeks on this board! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic EDD: September 22, 2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'm really upset that in the 3D ultrasound, this baby looks like my husband. 

I think my husband is amazingly handsome, don't get me wrong.  But both of my other kids look just like me.  And I'm so incredibly disappointed that this baby might not look as much like me.  I'm hoping the ultrasound is wrong.

and it didn't help that my MIL (who I hate right now) is rubbing it in.  I want to kick her right in the ovaries.  Stupid biddy. 

Am I really that vain?  Or ---  I don't know what it is...

• Options
    imageAlli923:
    imagettgcole:

imagekristalovesjared:

Me three.  :)  We had unprotected sex and when I double checked my chart it is right when I'm O'ing.  And since I get pregnant if DH looks at me funny...well, we'll see what happens.  Oops.

This is my exact same story! How funny would that be if we really both are pregnant! :) 

• Options

imagepinktulips:
    Sometimes I wish I was religious. Specifically, sometimes I wish I was Mormon. There is community in church that is difficult to find or foster in other areas.

This is my #2 reason for being involved in my church.  #1 being the whole Jesus thing.

And I hear you on the Mormon community thing.

There is a woman at my gym who has the most incredible a$$. She always gets the elliptical in front of me so it?s just right there. I want to ask her what she does since tushies like that are not from the elliptical, but that would be weird. 

Then I noticed the Lululemon logo on her jacket. I?ve always heard great things about their yoga pants so I?ve convinced myself dropping $100 on yoga pants will make my size 16 tush look as good as her size 4 or 6.

• Options
    imagepreston18:

imagepinktulips:

This is my #2 reason for being involved in my church.  #1 being the whole Jesus thing.

And I hear you on the Mormon community thing.

I feel this way about Black Southern Baptists. For some reason, they seem to take loving Christ to a level that white people just can't achieve.  From what I've observed, a lot of white people use their faith as a way to feel superior to others and put others down.  Black people don't seem to act that way.  They love Jesus and that's that.* 

Plus, they wear fabulous hats. 

*I know this isn't representative of all black people or all white people.  It's just what I've personally observed over the years. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    imagejcyahne:

Hayden is adorable, cute and cuddly and I love her so much.  But she is a pain in the a$$ to hold these days.  She cries for you to pick her up.  Then she pulls your hair, scratches your face and pinches you.  She flops herself all around like she wants to be put down, but then you put her down and she cries to be picked back up.  Is it wrong to NOT want to hold your child????

I also think my kids are conspiring to keep me from sleeping at night.  Last night it was Jillian who hasn't been feeling well with a fever and cough.  The night before it was Hayden who was restless and waking up all night long.  

ditto for me - although it was just B that kept me up but does that same thing about picking up and then changing her mind and her cry gives me such anxiety it makes me eat...even at a year old. :-s
  • Options
    imagejcyahne:

ditto for me - although it was just B that kept me up but does that same thing about picking up and then changing her mind and her cry gives me such anxiety it makes me eat...even at a year old. :-s
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"