Nebraska Babies
Options

Labor and Delivery Photojournalism

Hello All,

I am pregnant with my first child and am considering having my labor and delivery photographed by a professional photojournalist here in Omaha. Has anyone ever done this and what was your experience. Her photos are beautiful and respectful - but just not sure how comfortable I would feel.

Check it out: www.nurturelifephotography.com

Thanks!

Re: Labor and Delivery Photojournalism

• Options
    I watched the slide show and it was nice, but some of the photos that she took are ones that I have that my husband took or other family members took.  I personally do not see myself spending the money for it.  after getting maternity, newborn, 3 month and so on photos taken it all adds money wise.  I then took the photos that I have from birth and made a photo book on shutterfly.com. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

There is a chance my husband may be deployed before our baby is born and my mother and mother-in-law can barely work a point and shoot camera - hence my dilema....ugh!

The money is not an issue but more the privacy factor. Still a little unsure...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    From experience from just having a baby, you won't really care too much about privacy during delivery so if it's not the money you are worried about then I would suggest you go for it.  You can't get those moments back, especially if your husband can't be there.  I would suggest Makarios Photography - they do an awesome job!  Naomi would probably be able to do labor and delivery, just email her if interested.  https://www.makariosphotography.com/
  • Options

I know Elizabeth, the photographer for Nuture Life and she is a really nice lady.  I pass her info onto my doula clients.  She has been doing photography for years but mainly did family and senior stuff before.  This is her new awesome venture!  I wish I could have had someone to do this at mine.  Dad and doula were too busy, especially at the end, to take photos.  If you are planning a natural birth dad is going to be helping you handle contractions, not taking pictures!  If there is a chance your husband wont be available I would definitely consider having a professional there to take photos.  The other nice thing about it not being a friend/family member is that they are not emotionally invested so they handle your reactions to labor (physical and emotional) a lot better!  You should consider hiring a doula too, if you might not have your hubby for labor support!  Check out my site or the Omaha Doulas website omahadoulas.com

:)AJ

Labor of Love Doula Services

loldoulaservices.com 

:)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"