D.C. Area Babies
Options

Birth announcements

C is 5 weeks old - is there such a thing as sending birth announcements too late?  I feel like most people I would send them to have already seen a bunch of photos of him via Shutterfly or Facebook. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Birth announcements

• Options
    I think DD was at least 3 months old by the time we got ours out.
  • Options

I didn't send ours out until DD was 8 weeks and DS was at least 6. Part of it was procrastination, but I also wanted to use pictures of them as cute babies instead of funny-looking newborns.

I felt strange sending them for DS for the exact reason you said: he had already been "announced" via phone, email, and Facebook, and photos had been shared.  Seemed redundant, so I only sent them to very close friends/family and some older folks who didn't have access to all the online stuff.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I've only received a handful of birth announcements but they were almost always sent at least 2 months after the baby was born. I think new parents just don't have time to do it until then. So, I think you are fine.

I never got around to sending them so I actually put them in with our Christmas cards which was 6 months after DD was born.Smile

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Oh yeah, we routinely get them for 2 month olds.

Cute hat!

The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    J was born on September 1 and we sent ours out with our Christmas cards. You have plenty of time :-) I have a Tiny Prints coupon if you want it.

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    nope! we had ours out early but they were combo xmas card/announcement so i was forced to do it promptly. :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

we just got an announcement for a baby born the first week of december! i've seen the baby several times and talk with his mother regularly. it MADE MY DAY to get that adorable little picture in the mail!

it's never too late! people love pictures of babies! (especially if they have fat cheeks!)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"