Health & Exercise

Eating Clean

I have seen "eating clean" pop up on a lot of boards lately and I am curious.  I just lost over 30 pounds on WW but I am looking for something different to help maintain.  I am not exactly sure what "eating clean" means.  I went to the website but didn't get the specifics there.  Is it just about not eating processed foods?  Can you tell me what a typical day of eating looks like?  What about sweets?  I know I could never maintain a lifestyle that eliminates the occasional indulgence. Do you find that you need to me an exceptional cook to eat this way...sadly, a lot of my recipes include like packets of stuff I sprinkle here and there...I am assuming little packets are probably a no-no. 

Re: Eating Clean

• Congrats on the weight loss!  I've been "eating clean" for over a month now and I love it. I feel better and have more energy. I could lose 5 more lbs but no biggie if I don't  Some principles:

your eating 5-6 small meals a day

eat a combination of lean protein and complex carb w/each meal

eating sufficient healthy fats

drinking 2-3 liters of water

avoiding processed foods especially white flour/sugar, chemically charged foods, foods containing preservatives, saturated & trans fats, sugar-loaded beverages, limit alcohol

Check out this website:  www.eatcleandiet.com

Good Luck!

• I have been eating clean for over a year now. What PP said is exactly right, also you can check out clean eating magazine for some recpies and they even have 2 week meal plans. A great jumping off point for new beginners to eating clean.

Also way to go and congrats on the weight loss! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"