Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

To travel or not to travel

I'm looking at flights to visit my parents and I am SCARED. It is east to west coast, 5 hours (nonstop) and a 3 hour time difference. The flight, I'm not thrilled about, but hopefully she will sleep in her carrier. I am terrified of messing up her sleep (right now 11 hours STTN). She would be almost six months when we would go.

Anyone travel with their LO? Deal with sleep and time difference? Can tell me that her sleep won't be messed up for months?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: To travel or not to travel

• Options

We flew cross country w/ DS when he was 9ish months...no issues whatsoever.  He quickly adjusted to the time change and quickly adjusted back.  When we were in Cali (flew from Boston) his eating schedule kept on East Coast time, but he stayed up later and slept in later also.  Switching back to East Coast time took a few days but wasn't a big deal.

The flight was easy.  Will DH be with you?  I've done flights with and without DH...it's easier obviously when he's there, but doable when he's not.

• Options
    We just got back from Hawaii which was a 3 hour time change for us. The plane ride was fine and he slept for the bulk of it. Security was another story. He screamed the whole time, but everyone was really nice. It took him a few days there to get acclimated but once we learned to do things on his schedule it was ok. We have been back home for 3 days and I'm still waiting for my DS to get back to his old schedule but I'm optimistic! I think if you expect a few meltdowns things will go fine. GL! Sorry, 1ht.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageKelzinBoston:

We flew cross country w/ DS when he was 9ish months...no issues whatsoever.  He quickly adjusted to the time change and quickly adjusted back.  When we were in Cali (flew from Boston) his eating schedule kept on East Coast time, but he stayed up later and slept in later also.  Switching back to East Coast time took a few days but wasn't a big deal.

The flight was easy.  Will DH be with you?  I've done flights with and without DH...it's easier obviously when he's there, but doable when he's not.

Good to know.Yes DH will be with me, so that will be a big help.

• Options

We only had a 1 hr time change, but it wasn't a problem. My only suggestion is to bring a paci for LO when the plane takes off and lands. DD and I fell asleep during one flight and I woke up to her screaming because of the pressure change. Noooot fun. Every flight I gave her a paci for she didn't cry.

siggy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"