Health & Exercise
Options

Anyone with Asthma?

Hi, I just started WW last week, while I am solely concentrating on the eating part right now, because I know if I take on too much at once I will end up as I have in the past by falling off the wagon and heading right back to where I was. So I am going to concentrate on the food part for a while longer and then I would like to add some exercise into the mix. I know walking is a great form of exercise, I also have weights, yoga videos and a few other pieces of equipment.

I would love to eventually be able to run. I have always had a desire to learn to run, but have never been able to get very far because of my asthma. I take advair diskus twice a day. I do not have a rescue inhaler because I have never needed one.  Nor do I see a pulmologist(sp) for my asthma, just my family care provider. In any case in the past I have worked out for a while getting myself used to the workout and then tried slowly working my way into running, I have even tried C25K however I always end up stopping due to having a tight chest and followed with lots of coughing after running for a short time.

Anyone have any suggestions? Is there a slower program that would work better then C25K? 

Re: Anyone with Asthma?

• Options
    Thanks for the advise, I will definitely try it again.
  • Options
    I hear ya! I've wanted to run for so long, myself. I have exercise induced asthma (lucky me), so I only need the rescue inhailer. But something that helped me greatly was to make sure I get my daily intake of water. Once I built up that for a week, I noticed that I didn't have as much of a problem breathing when I exercised.Good luck to you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"