Maryland Babies
Options

Registry stalkers?

If anyone is bored and wants to stalk my registries, I'd appreciate any feedback!! PM or post your email and I'll send you the links. I feel like I'm missing some smaller stuff like diaper stuff, and maybe clothes or blankets, but I'm not sure.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This

Re: Registry stalkers?

• Options
    I'll volunteer to look at it, I sent you a PM. SO excited for you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageidonthavethis:
    I'll volunteer to look at it, I sent you a PM. SO excited for you!

Thanks!! YGM

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I think you did a great job! 

Here are a couple things you might want to add:

You should probably add some more onsies on there unless you feel like doing a ton of laundry. The Carter's brand are the best IMO and that's what you have on there which is good.

Also a couple extra towels and washclothes--you don't have to get the sets. They sell the washclothes like 6 in a pack. I like the really thin ones, it's easier to wash a little baby with those.

A lot of people don't like Johnson and Johnson's because of their ingredients. That's up to you though.

Is the swing battery operated? Mine was and it was no big deal because Ava wasn't in it too much but you might want to consider getting one you can plug in. 

• Options
    imageidonthavethis:

I think you did a great job! 

Here are a couple things you might want to add:

You should probably add some more onsies on there unless you feel like doing a ton of laundry. The Carter's brand are the best IMO and that's what you have on there which is good.

Also a couple extra towels and washclothes--you don't have to get the sets. They sell the washclothes like 6 in a pack. I like the really thin ones, it's easier to wash a little baby with those.

A lot of people don't like Johnson and Johnson's because of their ingredients. That's up to you though.

Is the swing battery operated? Mine was and it was no big deal because Ava wasn't in it too much but you might want to consider getting one you can plug in. 

Thanks so much for the advice! The swing is battery operated. We really liked that it was a 2-in-1 with the bouncy seat too, so I guess we'll just deal with the batteries.

What is the issue with the J&J bath stuff? What other brand is good?

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

SK, i'll send you a link with the issue on the J&J stuff. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

ohhh - send it to me!!!

kathryn1993@yahoo

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    where are you registered?  I'm sure I can find you!
  • Options
    imageKathrynMD:

ohhh - send it to me!!!

kathryn1993@yahoo

YGM!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Edit now that I saw 2nd registry

you need more swaddle wraps, etc.

you need a Moby or Ergo or Baby Bjorn/sling

Get a small bouncer or swing that you can move around the house - in the bathroom, in the kitchen, etc. while you are doing whatever.

also - humidifier

did you get a snap and go stroller?

• Options
    imageKathrynMD:

you need more swaddle wraps, etc.

you need a Moby or Ergo or Baby Bjorn

You need bottles and pacifiers

You should put onesies on there in multiple sizes and also some PJs in different sizes.

I didn't actually see a Pnp or car seat or stroller or the bouncer/swing

Get a small bouncer or swing that you can move around the house - in the bathroom, in the kitchen, etc. while you are doing whatever.

also - humidifier

Did you see my Target one too? The car seat/stroller/PNP/swing/bottles/pacifers are on there...

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    imageKathrynMD:

We didn't, but we still might. I can't believe that we ended up with a travel system, but we really did like that stroller in the store, so we went with it. We were thinking we might also get a snap&go but I'm not sure if we need both since the car seat snaps into the bigger stroller too.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

you should ask around on some of the newborn/under 6 months bump boards if they think its worth it to get the snap and go too.

I didn't have the travel system, but my friend had Graco one; I remember going to Cosi for lunch when our girls were 3ish months old and her trying maneuver the travel system stroller around vs. me w/ the snap and go was really surprising.  It may have just been her model, but OMG that thing was a beast. 

• Options
    imageSarahKate31:
    imageKathrynMD:

We didn't, but we still might. I can't believe that we ended up with a travel system, but we really did like that stroller in the store, so we went with it. We were thinking we might also get a snap&go but I'm not sure if we need both since the car seat snaps into the bigger stroller too.

We had the travel system where the infant seat snapped onto the stroller and it worked fine for us. And we are probably in the minority but we still use the "big" stroller and Ava is almost two. We have a cheap umbrella stroller too that we use on occasion--it was only like $15.

• Options

I would definitely get the Snap N Go.

I didn't initially and found it very hard to keep taking my stroller everywhere. I opted for the Baby Jogger, which is one of the smallest and easiest to open/fold strollers in the market, but still felt it was a bit too complicated to put the bar and then the carseat everytime I wanted to get in the car and go somewhere. So for $50/60, a SnG is totally worth it. It really made my life a lot easier!

image image image Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advice everyone!!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I am not sure what travel system you registered for Sarah but we had the Chicco Cortina one and it was awesome. We got a ton of use out of it. We never had an issue with the stroller being too big unless you were in a really tightly packed store with narrow aisles.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagemrs. remy <3:
    I am not sure what travel system you registered for Sarah but we had the Chicco Cortina one and it was awesome. We got a ton of use out of it. We never had an issue with the stroller being too big unless you were in a really tightly packed store with narrow aisles.

This is the one we registered for! We liked it in the store. I thought it "drove" well and it wasn't *too* heavy or too much of a PITA to fold (once we figured out how to fold it). Honestly I didn't even know it was a travel system stroller until we asked a sales person. I was expecting travel systems to be much bigger, but what do I know :)

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    imageSarahKate31:

imagemrs. remy <3:

This is the one we registered for! We liked it in the store. I thought it "drove" well and it wasn't *too* heavy or too much of a PITA to fold (once we figured out how to fold it). Honestly I didn't even know it was a travel system stroller until we asked a sales person. I was expecting travel systems to be much bigger, but what do I know :)

Ah, well then! Yes, that is what sold me, I dragged DH around BRU pushing around all the display strollers and that one maneuvers and  turns really well. DS loved riding around in it too. I loved, loved, loved my keyfit carseat that goes with it as well. So easy to pop in and out and very comfy for DS. I plan on using it for the next LO as well.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"