November 2012 Moms
Options

Bloat!

I've been wearing my jeans unbuttoned with a hair-tie from the day of my BFP...it's ridiculous! Haha! I can get them zipped and buttoned, but I cramp up after a while from the pressure.

I can't be the only one? What causes all this bloat anyway? I've been pretty good about getting lots of water and fiber, and I'm not backed up at all, thank goodness! But I really feel the balloon of pressure on my gut. Any tips?

BFP 2.19.11 - Missed miscarriage, April 2011

Re: Bloat!

• Options
    Girl me too! It's ridiculous! I'm thinking on buying one of those bands they sell at Target just so I'm not worried I'll loose my pants since I cant' button them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am the same way.  My MIL asked if I got pregnant last month because I looked so bloated!  I bet you are burping and farting a little more too?  ;)

I read that once the HcG is in your system your body amps up on the progesterone even more.  The progesterone slows down your digestive tract so that nutrients from your food will be absorbed longer.  As the food sits in there longer it has time to ferment which creates GAS!  This means the burping, farting, and bloating.  Progesterone alone is pretty good at causing bloat - I think that is what does it during PMS too.

So I am with you!  I just bought my first couple Bella Bands today.  I feel like a dork because it is so early, but they look and feel great.  I mostly just feel uncomfortable towards the evenings after I've eaten and I am trying to sit down... so I already wear it.  Honestly, if I'd have known Bella Bands existed I'm sure I would have bought them just so I could unbutton my pants during PMS!

Kristen (25) and Steve(26), Married 1 year Expecting baby #1 due 11/02/2011! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh thank goodness. I thought it was just me. I'm just 4 weeks today so I thought there was no way my stomach is this bloated from pregnancy & blamed it on the girl scout cookies I ate over the past month!! I was getting really frustrated because I've been watching what I eat and everything feels so tight. This morning I put on my Spanx tights with a skirt that has built-in faux-Spanx & it was so tight I couldn't breathe!!

So glad it's not just my poor eating habits.

And YES to the burping. I've been drinking only water the past few days and I keep burping and wondering where it's coming from! 

• Options
    Oh thank God, I'm glad to know it's not just my eating habits either, hahah!

BFP 2.19.11 - Missed miscarriage, April 2011
  • Options
    I feel like the Goodyear blimp!! I am going to have to invest in some Bella Bands too, my pants were already tight while TTC Smile
    AnniversaryBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"