Detroit Babies
Options

Specific Detergent for washing clothes/bedding?

I have heard all different things when it comes to laundering your baby's clothes and bedding and using special baby friendly detergent (like Dreft).

What do you all use?  Have you tried anything that hasn't worked out well in terms of rashes, etc.?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Specific Detergent for washing clothes/bedding?

• Options

We haven't had any problems with detergents.  All you need is one that's frangrence free and dye free- most brands have that now.  I'd skip the Dreft.  It's overpriced for what it is and frankly it stinks- quite literally.  They have some type of frangrence in it

• Options
    We use either Tide Free & Clear or the Costco Kirkland Free & Clear.  I use it for all of our clothes, not just Gabriels, so I didn't have to go out and buy anything separate.  He never had a reaction.  Like PP said, you just need something dye & perfume free.
    Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We use Tide Free and Clear or All Free (both in the white bottles).  We just wash his clothes with ours as long as there is nothing to messy on them.  I'd skip the dreft, I dont understand how it can be baby friendly with all of the perfume in it.

Sidenote...I've also found Aveeno products to be better than Johnson and Johnson for the same reason - the perfume.

Mommy's little helper :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagebeewltched:

We use Tide Free and Clear or All Free (both in the white bottles).  We just wash his clothes with ours as long as there is nothing to messy on them.  I'd skip the dreft, I dont understand how it can be baby friendly with all of the perfume in it.

Sidenote...I've also found Aveeno products to be better than Johnson and Johnson for the same reason - the perfume.

I agree with this 100%.  Also, in our case the Johnson & Johnson products caused Gabe's eczema to flare up really bad and dry his scalp out.  As soon as we used Aveeno everything went back to normal.

Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • Options
    imageballerina06:
    We use either Tide Free & Clear or the Costco Kirkland Free & Clear.  I use it for all of our clothes, not just Gabriels, so I didn't have to go out and buy anything separate.  He never had a reaction.  Like PP said, you just need something dye & perfume free.
    same here, no proble
    imageNicole Hanna 11-23-2010
    Birthday
  • Options

Thanks ladies!  I am already using free and clear detergent, so I am glad I won't have to go and get something special.

Thanks for the tips on Aveeno too!

• Options
    imageballerina06:
    imagebeewltched:

I agree with this 100%.  Also, in our case the Johnson & Johnson products caused Gabe's eczema to flare up really bad and dry his scalp out.  As soon as we used Aveeno everything went back to normal.

Yes  Agree!!

• Options

We use Arm & Hammer dye & perfume free liquid for everything.  I can't stand scented stuff.

We use Aveeno for DS as he has really dry skin.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We use Costco Kirkland Free and Clear and wash everything in it. We also use Aveeno. We got Johnson and Johnson, but I am kind of afraid to use it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"