Health & Exercise
Options

New to this board and I need your help.

About 2 wks ago I was told I have impaired glucose tolerance and I need to go by a meal plan. I'm having such a hard time adjusting to my new diet. The meal plan they gave me is based on 1800 calories. I'm starving and because I'm so hungry I get so neaseous. The portions are super small and I'm afraid that I'm not giving my baby the proper nutrition.

For those ladies who are on a similar diet due to IGT or GD what are you doing? Thanks in advance for your help.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: New to this board and I need your help.

• Options

First, I highly recommend a nutritionist... ask your doctor to refer you to one.  If your insurance doesn't cover it, find out what it is OOP and consider paying.

My endocrinologist and their nutritionist gave me an "1800 Calorie Sample Meal Plan for Pregnancy" which includes:
    180g of Carbs (40%)
    112g of Protein (25%)
    70g of Fat (35%)

I have such a hard time with food (puker since 7w) that I have only concentrated on the carbs which break down as follows:

Breakfast - 21 g
    Snack - 21 g
    Lunch - 45 g
    Snack - 21 g
    Dinner - 52 g
    Snack - 21 g

Some days I can't eat it all and others I'm looking for more food (on those days they said to add snacks in 21g of carb increments).

Are you testing your blood sugar?  I have to test when I wake up and after the three main meals.

Since my morning numbers were still not good with the diet, they added insulin but only for breakfast.

GL - your doctors really should be able to provide a source for you to go to (I also googled GD).

• Options
    Hello, congratulations on your pregnancy. I'm a registered dietitian, and I would agree with pp that meeting with a dietitian would be very helpful for you.  I have worked with people with GD through OB offices, so maybe your OB could refer you to one (hopefully so).  Being able to follow-up with someone at least once more could help you do some problem-solving with some solid, expert advice.  (We followed-up with our clients in that office regularly). The RD will be able to provide a more accurate nutrition and health assessment to pinpoint your needs.  I wish you the best and do hope that you get some professional guidance for you and your baby:)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you so very much for your help. I will consult with my dr about seeing a dietitian.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"