February 2011 Moms
Options

Cramps from internal or contractions?

Hopefully you all can give me some insight on what I've been experiencing over the past 7 hours. I don't know if what I've been experiencing is cramping from my latest intertnal exam or the start of irregular contractions.

A little background info...

Yesterday morning was my 39 wk appt and had my fourth internam exam (they started these at my 35 wk appt). This was the first time I've experienced a lot of discomfort during the interal exam and it turns out that I am dilated 1.5cm. I had some spotting afterward, which is another first for me (just some light brown spotting that was here and gone). Around 1:30am I woke up with what felt like horrible menstrual cramps that lasted about 5 minutes and then went away. These pains woke me up off and on until I finally got up for work.

I don't know if they are contractions, because they are not regular, but they hurt like hell! I debated on whether or not to come into work, but I'm here! I really didn't want to waste a day if these ended up being false labor pains.

WDYT?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Cramps from internal or contractions?

• Options

I have been experiencing the same thing. I actually went to L&D yesterday afternoon around 4 to be checked/monitored. They said that I was experiencing regular contractions but I hadn't dialated much after two hours. The nurse told me to go eat (I hadn't eaten since breakfast due to the discomfort) and then keep an eye on things. She was sure I would be back last night after a few hours.

BUT, here I am!! Still here and pregnant. I do feel like it will be today or tomorrow though. I would really keep an eye on them!!! It never hurts for them to monitor and check you. I was surprised that my contractions were so regular and strong because I wasn't in that much pain!!

Good luck. I hope we have our outside babies soon!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had an internal yesterday and then woke up with cramping.  When I went to the bathroom I had my bloody show (I think)...

Sadly I haven't had any other contractions.  I'm hoping they will speed up soon!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had the same issue. Had my 38 week internal yesterday and was 1 cm dialted. For the first time I had spotting and cramping all night following the exam. It was enough that I'm considering skipping the internal for my 39 week appt unless neccesary bc I'm not sure it's worth it! This morning when I woke up it appeared the spotting had stopped, but sure enough by 10am I had more spotting and it was kind of thick anc chunky - I was also wondering if this could be bloody show? I guess it's normal tho?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"